A sentence I didn’t want to hear....

LQQK

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I was just listening to the midday news and heard “... and that was the second motorbike accident this weekend involving a barbed wire fence”.

The Great Escape??!

One of my worst fears on a mountain bike are those gates which are normally open, but then somebody strings a chain across it so it's almost invisible. Nearly got caught out by one of them once. :evil:

Cycled into a forrest once as a kid and came across a rusty barb wire. Cut me up pretty bad. I'm glad I wasn't cycling at the speeds I do now...

or like those rich guys from metallica

FairfaxPat":1h1skndo said:
The guys from Metallica live here in Marin County, where I live, and one of them-James Hetfield-owns 500 or so acres of hills and valleys here. Recently he pissed off generations of hikers and Mountain Bikers by erecting a barbed wire fence across a fire road and several trails in the open space on his property that has been used by people for 50 plus years! The County Supervisors are negotiating with him to reopen the access to the land, which is surrounded by other free-right-of-access property. I like his music, but becoming one of the rich made him very unfriendly to the public and us mountainbikers.

I had a similar accident once with a yellow gate under a yellow coloured street light. No tiger stripe on the gate so there's me going along and I struck it at full pelt.

I ended up doing a pretty convincing front roll over the gate but still clipped in. Landed the right way up and only crashed when I realised what I'd done... :LOL:

Downside was I ended up with a tacoed rear wheel and worst of all a big chunk out of my left quad which has left me with a 'dip' in the muscle to this very day. :cry:

I am now very careful with gates etc even if I know they were open 5 minutes before....

Back