credit crunch affecting retrobikers?

guybe

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just wondering if the credit crunch is affecting everybody? both on here the 'for sale' forum and ebay, I noticed some things dont sell quick or get sold. Early this year, you had to be quick buying it before anybody else get it, now people is reducing their prices to sell it.

Like Thorpie bought a Kona booklet for nearly £30 a few months back and that is half price and not selling.

I have a few parts to sell soon, not getting my hopes high to get good prices now :(

Not really affecting me as of yet, my pace RC200 has cost me more than any other project ive worked on, and its still got a few hundred ear marked to go on it.

The right bits will sell.

(if you have a VGC/Nos M952 chainset....im your man)

Lost two jobs so far this year due to redundancy after 13 years of security, 1 I could understand but to then walk into another and have the same thing happen.... On the plus side the first gave me a good payout, on the down side the second didn't. Now no one wants to take on people at my level onto their books so I am now a self employed consultant which has surprisingly meant I have far more money coming in and I am buying bits with gay abandon!

I sell discount stationary, greetings cards, xmas decs etc and when times are lean people tend to 'trade down'... consequently we do ok.
Personally, I don't have any credit cards/loans/HP to worry about paying and my petrol is paid by my boss so it's no had too much of an effect apart from food/energy going up. I'm still buying bike bits :D

i teach kids to cycle so im not affected by adverse conditions like this but i feel for ya xziang...hearing that would concern me and id look elsewhere for work.

Back