Anybody play the drums here?

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm after a birthday present for somebody about to start learning the drums and though drumsticks?

Any suggestions/recommendations?

I played them years and years and years ago :roll:

My only knowledge of the drums now are that you are best buying 2 drum sticks. 1 would make life difficult and 3 would be a handfull ;)

Pickle":30lqwhp9 said:

My only knowledge of the drums now are that you are best buying 2 drum sticks. 1 would make life difficult and 3 would be a handfull ;)

Thank you Pickle ;)

Pickle":wuopghmb said:

Unless you are that bloke from Def Lepard.

Iwasgoodonce":3tbiki37 said:
Pickle":3tbiki37 said:

Unless you are that bloke from Def Lepard.

Good call, well made :cool:

letmetalktomark":ddu9w2hq said:
I'm after a birthday present for somebody about to start learning the drums and though drumsticks?

Any suggestions/recommendations?

If they already have a drumkit then I'd suggest some sticks, or a music book (not as boring as it sounds) to learn the rudiments of drumming...

If they dont have a kit you can always get them a practice pad to get the basics down.

Or a cowbell, they sound cool and are just a nice addition to the setup :)

Cheers

There are so many different types of sticks so I would recomend something softish like the split type sticks.

These guys know their stuff inside out and are very helpful:

http://drumwright.co.uk/

Felt mallets are cool too

Sticks are quite a personal thing, and there are lots of different sizes.

You can get these rubber pad things to make the drums quiter for home practice. Would probably keep their neighbours happy too!

Get him a book on witty retorts for all those drummer jokes he's going to be hearing
Such as
The difference between a drummer and a drum machine-
You only have to punch the information once into a drum machine
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

:oops:

Back