EBAY/PAYPAL HELP

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
bought a jacket from a seller on ebay, arrived slight damaged, and marked{grease} the damage was a slight nick, this had happened prior to packing{ packing arrived undamaged}. The jacket was sold as excellent with no mention of faults.

Messaged the seller, told her of the problem..basically f3cked me off and told me to complain to ebay which I did.
Ebay found the complaint in my favour, I returned the jacket, updated ebay with the returning tracking number. I checked my self on the RM tracking page, the jacket was received and signed for, but on the ebay return page nothing, still show awaiting to be returned. It was returned on the 20/03 and delivered and signed back to the seller on the 21/3@ 12.03 hours

Ebay seemed to be slow{ yes I do understand that there is a lot going on corvid 19 etc/staffing levels are low}

So I then filed a complaint through paypal, {relayed the ebay dispute number, Ebay return number and the tracking details that shows it has been returned} whom seems to have grasped the nettle quickly

So ebay found it in my favour..now after reapplying through paypal and awaiting there response..

I have never had this problem before clearly this seller has my money and her jacket

Have any of you had this problem????

Apart from that I hope of you are staying in and saving our great NHS

Ernie

Ebay always hold money for short periods of time during disputes. The maximum they can hold it is quite a while, cant remember off the top of my head but usually only hold it up to a week. Its so they can run all the checks to make sure everything is as stated and also i should imagine for the extra bit of intrest.

The fact is though, all you have to do is return the item and as long as there is proof of delivery, or attempted delivery, which there is, then the case is pretty much closed, in your favour, even if they say they never got it, or it was delivered to the wrong address. They dont return you the money, Ebay pays you back, they then chase the seller for monies owed to them. Just can take a bit of time.

MK 1..
thanks :D for the quick reply..never had this before..its £92 owed..thats a weeks food money..No doubt its a waiting game now
Cheers mate
Ernie :D

Might be wrong, but its an avenue to look into.

I was under the impression that you first go through ebay, then make a claim via paypal.
Im not sure if its automatic, but if its delaying or seemingly not going through, maybe take a look on paypal, or google such a question.

Re:

Hi DT..
Yes you are right, ebay had awarded me the dispute, i sent the jacket back,the return page didnt update, even when you "rolled" the mouse across the page nothing, although I had done everything right, even the tracking number was missing the 2 letters either side, i of course do understand the staffing issues of any business in the current situation. I even messaged the lady to tell her that the jacket had been sent..no reply just ignored, ebay said that they would refund as soon as the jacket was delivered back{ on the outcome email}..it was 8 days and nothing, so that is why i started again again through paypal
thanks
Ernie

Re:

Just an update..paypal re credited :D my account with the amount £92.00 :D , thanks to all for their input/comments

Ernie :D

Back