OFSTED reports

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Wanted to share this one with you all ...

My sons school has just had a brilliant OFSTED inspection report, I am so pleased for them. My son attends a special needs school for 58 pupils with the majority on the autistic spectrum, ages 3 - 19. The report highlights the excellent work the staff are doing for these young people. Sunnyside Special School Biggleswade well done, I am so proud of you.

nice one for you and i feel for the teaching staff at the school Ofstead inspections are major headache and more disruptive than people think to the teaching staff. I went through one in my 2nd year of teaching adult education and was one the poor saps that they sat in on and that was a fun day NOT.
One the senior manager changed my class and room failed to inform me and i was sat in one room all setup and my class and inspector was in another, he was great about it though and seen the funny side.

So congrats on your happy news

REKIBorter":3tocde8j said:
Wanted to share this one with you all ...

My sons school has just had a brilliant OFSTED inspection report, I am so pleased for them. My son attends a special needs school for 58 pupils with the majority on the autistic spectrum, ages 3 - 19. The report highlights the excellent work the staff are doing for these young people. Sunnyside Special School Biggleswade well done, I am so proud of you.

nice one , i work in a special need school , and we are awaiting the inspection .

My father works based in a special needs school that always comes through ofstead smelling of roses. my mother works in a main stream all girls school in the center of one of europes biggest council estates. Her students have always been a mix of with a large proportion of the GCSE year having been in the country for 18 months or less and some having very little to no English.

The area is generally very deprived and the kids really do have a hard start to life. My mother frequently spends her own money on supplies for the kids to use in class, she once paid for a PE kit for a student in her tutor group whose mother died of an overdose and whose father was looking to be heading in a similar way.

The council recently opened a new school (one of these center for learning college status jobs) just up the road, which operates a semi sellective intake for new students. Needless to say most the kids with any abillity were taken out of my mothers school.

Her school is now left with a mixture of the total dregs of society, and students who dont have any/much english. And the council is wondering why the students are not getting the grades?

On a more possitive note, my mother is a technology teacher and still managed to get good results despite the hardship and lack of funding from the school for materials ...a large portion of she sources/supplies her self.

Despite my mothers team meeting targets and getting the best ofsted feedback of any department in the school, the budget for art and tech has been cut by 80% on last years total.

The stress all this has caused in my mother is clear, she had the opportunity to move to the Girls grammer (private) a few years back but decided she couldnt leave the kids at her school. Its all very difficult.

Back