eBay experts needed

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Might seem weird but is it possible to stop a ebayer from actually seeing one of your auctions?

I’m aware you can block bids but I require them not to be able to view a auction. Ideally other auctions would be normal for them of mine.

Re:

I know you can block specific ebay users from bidding on your listings (I add all the non-payers and time wasters to my "blocked bidders" list). But that would apply to all your listings. I assume if they're blocked then your listings are not visible to them?
I'm not sure that you be as specific as blocking someone from a particular listing you have live.
Maybe you could adjust your "buyer requirements" settings until the listing ends? Otherwise as above, just block them from All your listings.

I thought blocked bidders couldn't see your items at all (as long as they are logged in when looking of course). Don't know for sure.

you could ask a mate to list the item for you? They'll be able to see it for sale but not that its you selling it.

Re:

My back up plan is listing it under my mrs account but it’s not ideal as she’s rubbish at telling me if there’s any questions or anything and it’s a semi expensive item.

I may try to block her and then see if she can view items. That will tell me for sure.

Only reason I think blocked people can see is that I’ve blocked buyers and then received messages from them asking why they can’t bid or buy. It was a while ago though.

Hi, no, you can not hide listings with a normal ebay account.

You can block members from bidding and also if you check the box you can stop them from contacting you too. If the member still contacts you, as there are ways around it, then just ring ebay, they are really helpful and will permanently block the member from any contact.

Mark

Re:

That’s what I thought but thanks for confirming. I’ll use my mrs’ account for said item

Back