Auction Snipers?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hello,

Lost a bike last night to a auction sniper bid without a doubt, more anoyed after sitting there for 30 mins before counting down the watch putting me bid in 10 secs before the end then losing it 2 secs before the end!! :roll:

So what are they about?
Are they safe to use? ( you have to give all your details/passwords?)
which one is recomended?

Cheers

Dave

I use www.gixen.com

it's free and has never let me down (where my bid was highest anyway!)

takes a leap of faith as you have to put in your username and password for ebay...

Still doesn't matter if the highest you were prepared to go is less than someone elses limit.

I just put in my maximum price somewhere near the end of the auction and if it ain't enough so be it because I wasn't going to pay anymore anyway

hhmmm I dont really agree, ... if you show your cards that early 9 times out of 10 you will always lose by a £1 or so.

orange71":14s8ins8 said:
I use www.gixen.com

it's free and has never let me down (where my bid was highest anyway!)

takes a leap of faith as you have to put in your username and password for ebay...

I use this one too , but my advice is to put a bid first , only up by a £1 , just to make sure that your bid will be accepted .

daj":3gvmouqx said:
hhmmm I dont really agree, ... if you show your cards that early 9 times out of 10 you will always lose by a £1 or so.

It can help, but if you're going to get outsniped because you didn't want to pay as much as someone else then that's how it is.

I use gixen, the bike you lost didnt happen to finish about 9pm did it...and it wasnt red with pace forks was it?....if so.....oops!

but yeah if your highest bid is higher than the snipers, it still makes no odds...you will win.

And even before I discovered gixen, I used to do last 10 second bids manually.

daj":2ki41z5e said:
But if you end up wishing you'd have had time to bid higher, then surely you didn't show your cards? Just some of them?

I actually think eBay would be better if the auction finished at either the stated time or thirty seconds after the previous bid, whichever is later.

But if you end up wishing you'd have had time to bid higher, then surely you didn't show your cards? Just some of them

ha.ha I dont know... I just always win more if I put my amount in as close to the end as possible than say more than 5 mins before the end?

Back