Am I being bitter and twisted?!?!

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Had a crap week with news and results regarding dads health AND SKY NEWS IS FULL OF PEOPLE CRYING BECAUSE THEY CANT GO ON FU@KING HOLIDAY :evil: :evil: :evil: Maybe they would like something real to be upset about ??

daj":2bio356h said:
Had a crap week with news and results regarding dads health AND SKY NEWS IS FULL OF PEOPLE CRYING BECAUSE THEY CANT GO ON FU@KING HOLIDAY :evil: :evil: :evil: Maybe they would like something real to be upset about ??

Totally agree - I have had shit year with divorce and so much else - I wish I was in a position to have booked a holiday even if it were cancelled!

I'm sorry to hear about your respective sad news and bad experiences, but if a family has saved for a year to scrape together a holiday and has it pulled from under them through no fault of their own, I'd say that's reasonable grounds to get hacked off. I wouldn't like to explain that to my kids.

There is no award for "my crap experience is worse than yours".

Perspective - try seeing it from the other person's. Of course divorce and illness are far more serious and have greater repercussions, but that's no reason to point the finger or start slagging them off as they aren't having it as bad as you all are.

And if you watch sky "news" what do you expect anyway ;)

I've got to agree. It's easy to get wrapped up in our own lives and forget what it must be like.
I can't imagine how I'd feel if my family were amongst those who'd lost holidays they'd saved for, or were stuck overseas unsure when we were going to get home.

In the greater scheme of things sure, it's not the end of the world but I'm sure they'd rather not be going through it.

A cancelled holiday is not a life changing event, serious illness is. Hope it all works out for ya fella

Appoligies if I was finger pointing or slagging people off I was just stating a fact of what I had seen on the TV and asking the question of if I was being bitter and twisted.... Which I guess I was !! :D

But one thing I feel very strongly about there are LOTS of good reasons to watch SKY news !!! Sarah Jane Mee ...Kay Burley ...Emma Crosby ...The weather Girls !! ;) :D

On the 7th of March this year, I sat with my 60 year old mum and held her hand as she died; killed by a massive, undiagnosed, brain tumour.
She'd gone to work happy and healthy that morning and was looking forward to a happy retirement with my dad.

Now ask me if I'd exchange that experience for a lost holiday then of course I'd say yes. Do I think all these people have a right to feel short changed and be upset by their experience? Of course I do.

Back