Audi A2 -Do you drive a retro car?

Twister

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Thinking about changing car to comply with ULEZ in London and considering going for an Audi A2. Made me wonder who else here drives something ‘retro’ and how many A2s there are on here.

Re:

Always liked the A2. one of those cars youd see loads of on the road then they just disappeared i havent seen one for ages:shock:

still look good from most angles especially in silver.

I had one brand new in 2005.
Silver 1.4 tdi (red I) pan roof etc was a great car, we used to put the bikes in the back with seats down. Short range tho if I remember, must have had a small fuel tank!

Are they retro???

all our cars are from 2005, and I wouldn't consider them retro? Except the one we have from 1963... and that's not even a classic, it's a wreck :)

Re:

They’re as retro as you’re going to get in London or anywhere else with a ULEZ.

1999-2005.

Apologies, I know nothing of the ULEZ.

I just checked one of our cars, and it turns out it's compliant!! So I can heartily recommend you get a 2.0 turbo Subaru forester from 2005 :D loads of room for stuff, 180bhp, and it's a 4wd, which I believe is compulsory in London?

Happy to have helped!

1996 Volvo V40 petrol. 188,000 mls, Daily use for community nursing , so all around town all day......used , retro, lovely.

fattiman":1quat646 said:
Short range tho if I remember, must have had a small fuel tank!
it Did. Sandwiched between a twin layer floor pan. Rather than bolted to the bottom of a single skin as per most cars.

I read a study somewhere that said Audi were planning to use the space to make an all electric or hybrid version. Nice safe crash proof space to put loads of batteries. But sales were shit so they put it on hold.

Re:

Was the A2 the one that didn't let you open the bonnet - only dealers had special tooling to access it? There was a port to check fluid levels and that was as far as DIY went. Or am I thinking of some other make?

Re: Re:

pigman":3f21ldrs said:
Was the A2 the one that didn't let you open the bonnet - only dealers had special tooling to access it? There was a port to check fluid levels and that was as far as DIY went. Or am I thinking of some other make?
Your bang-on. The ‘grille’ opened to allow you to check washer/oil levels

Back