Anyone know 'Alkabone'?

Dave_H

Senior Retro Guru
I bought a set of forks from 'Alkabone' a couple of weeks ago
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37831&highlight= but nothing has come through. Have tried PM'ing and emailling him but no replies to any - PM hasn't been read. :?

I know that life can get the better of us at times - me getting some old forks is possibly not number one on his list. I appreciate that and know at times I can be crap and sending things out. :oops:

Just wondered if anyone knew him to give him a bit of a poke, even if just to say when they might be in the post.

46 posts in nearly a year,not a lot of time spent here,maybe hes just hard to get a hold of normally

Hmm, strange he hasn't replied to emails, perhaps he's gone on holiday for a couple of weeks, that's the only thing I can think of.

Sounds like you've been had too Dave! :x

I brought a load of XT stuff off him for the Tempest.......and nothing from him in nearly 3 weeks.

I have now lodged a dispute with Paypal as he hasn't replied to a polite email, and a PM to him is still in my out box after a week.

I'm not happy :evil:

Dave_H":3gn8dxpd said:
Hmm. Disappointing. :x
Sounds like a Paypal dispute is in order.
Shame.

Lets keep each other posted, but unfortunately I think alkabone is another scammer :(

Such a shame, as he seemed a polite and decent guy over the initial PM's.

Ho hum..... :roll:

Chill fellas, it took me over 5 weeks to get something from a well-thought of member. Sometimes things happen...

South Bound":3rp9b2ip said:
Chill fellas, it took me over 5 weeks to get something from a well-thought of member. Sometimes things happen...

I wouldn't mind if it took 2 months, but I just want some comm's of the bloke.

Its the lack of comm's that makes me worry. No response to emails or PM's make me think he's had us :?

Pickle":1hbdvfu3 said:
Its the lack of comm's that makes me worry.

That's exactly it. As I said at the top of the thread, it's only a pair of old forks at the end of the day. We all have busy lives so getting them in the post can take time - but it doesn't take long to drop me an email or PM me to keep me updated.

Latest posts

Back