Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:57 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7305
Location: Hove
konahed wrote:
Anthony wrote:
I think that Billinjah's point is absolutely the key to it - if you take the starting point to be LH (rightfully) alongside KR, then he didn't gain any advantage relative to that starting point, in fact a disadvantage.

Starting point??? He was trying to overtake round the outside and it did not work, therefore you would expect him to end up well behind Kimi since he left the track.

You don't seem to want to look at the film. You say 'it did not work' but if you were to look at the film, you would see that LH was partially alongside KR and had the inside line for the second part of the chicane. Had KR given him room, as he should have done, they would probably have exited the chicane neck and neck. But KR went for the apex and if LH had held his ground, his right front wheel would have hit KR amidships. There would then have been an issue over who was to blame, but as LH was alongside, KR was pushing his luck in heading for the apex and forcing LH off the track. If you'd been watching F1 as long as I have, you'd have seen many occasions when manoeuvres like LH's have worked, provided they weren't forced off the track.

Billinjah is right to say that there is a strong case for saying that the point at which KR forced LH off the track should be the starting point against which to measure whether LH gained an advantage from leaving the track.

If you were willing to look at the film, I can't believe you would make these points.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:44 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:51 pm
Posts: 321
I thought when he cut the corner there would be a problem with the stewards, I just think that this is the way that F1 is as there is a huge Ferrari bias which is not right - really want Lewis to stick it up em now - not stayed up all night to watch F1 for a long time, but looks like some sleepless nights are on the cards.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:01 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 am
Posts: 2193
Location: bedford
konahed wrote:

Starting point??? He was trying to overtake round the outside and it did not work, therefore you would expect him to end up well behind Kimi since he left the track.


yeah it did he was perfectly along side him and would have been able to make the second corner but kimi wouldnt give him the corner at that time according to racing rules he should have but sod that i bloody wouldnt! so i agree that kimi was right hold his line its racing after all.
Why do you think he was in his draft? they were accelerating from around 50 mph for only about 100 meters drafting wouldnt come into it at that point its pure grunt and grip of which the maclaren had more of (if you watch the replay LH wasnt behind kimi at all down the straight he was trying to get into clean air to make his move which he did), because of this extra grip LH could brake later and harder for the next corner after backing off and loosing 6 mph. I think the point here is that he didnt overtake because he gained a speed advantage he overtook because he had more grip to brake later that advantage you cant get by breaking the rules!

in this vid http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=iP5pxQGlzFM

From 1.02 to 1.10

tell me where he was in kimis tow im trying hard to see it do you mean the split second where he went from the outside of the track to the inside?

at 1.14
The fact that Kimi actually ran into LH mid corner is just a racing incident right?
at 2.20
Oh and kimi running right off the track allowing him to not back off and get a noticable speed advantage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 2:56 pm
Posts: 4776
Location: No brakes? Way to commit soldier.
Rubbing is racing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:13 am 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
Quote:
Rubbing is racing.


ha.ha :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:44 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3900
Location: The Shire
Bored now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 am
Posts: 2193
Location: bedford
cherrybomb wrote:
Bored now.


:lol: just couldnt let it go could i just one more post wont hurt i thought but no... all that time wasted and no one cares im a failure might as well go and do it! i mean kill myself not buy a GT it aint that bad!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:19 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3900
Location: The Shire
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:27 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 7305
Location: Hove
billinjah wrote:
cherrybomb wrote:
Bored now.

:lol: just couldnt let it go could i just one more post wont hurt i thought but no... all that time wasted and no one cares im a failure might as well go and do it! i mean kill myself not buy a GT it aint that bad!!

Well I thought it was good! It'd serve that cherrybomb right if we kept on discussing it, I mean what if it had been the other way round eh? If it had been Hamilton who forced Kimi to cut the corner, would all these same people be calling for Kimi to be....

But I suppose we'd better take the hint.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:37 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm
Posts: 3900
Location: The Shire
I never expected anyone to take any notice! :shock: :D

You can happily ignore anything I say anyway, as far as I'm concerned F1 got boring in about 1982. :? :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 02gf74, jonnugget69, Osella, phill77, RobMac and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group