Rough Stuff Fellowship - Archive Photo's on Instagram

Re:

I’m a member of the RSF and have been following this Instagram feed. Really high quality stuff, and well worth getting the App.

Re:

Seen archives of this before. Great pics from a gentler time. I love the mass appeal of the 1930s cycling era too.

:D Excellent stuff!

All the best,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 15.36.52.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 15.36.52.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 2,330
Re:

Who hasnt done this at some point in a ride ?

Attachments

• 844AD3E8-BC60-4186-8C59-1DBBFD4DC936.jpeg
    844AD3E8-BC60-4186-8C59-1DBBFD4DC936.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,298
Re:

These old photos are brill. I love the ethos. Some rides end up being more of a ramble, and it's just as much about enjoying the outside places as it is enjoying the cycling.

I do occasionally still feel the urge to scare myself, go fast, and hit jumps (and very much enjoyed my trip to a welsh trail centre last year with a group of mates) however most of my riding is a solitary affair and is about exploring the quiet corners of the west pennines with some butty's in my rucksack.

Re: Re:

Joe_Rides":1b115vu1 said:
These old photos are brill. I love the ethos. Some rides end up being more of a ramble, and it's just as much about enjoying the outside places as it is enjoying the cycling.

I do occasionally still feel the urge to scare myself, go fast, and hit jumps (and very much enjoyed my trip to a welsh trail centre last year with a group of mates) however most of my riding is a solitary affair and is about exploring the quiet corners of the west pennines with some butty's in my rucksack.

That sounds good! My kind of riding too.

Re:

Interesting, I have a road bike that was owned by a very famous CTC & RSF member - have some of his photos: those guys were doing some amazing off road stuff in the old days - 1950s onwards.

Rk.

Re:

roadking":252xhkgt said:
Interesting, I have a road bike that was owned by a very famous CTC & RSF member - have some of his photos: those guys were doing some amazing off road stuff in the old days - 1950s onwards.

I'm still in awe of the Charlie Chadwick diaries - the riding he did in the 1920's and 30's is just mind boggling if you think of what some of the roads were like back then.

I think Charlie was a founder member of RSF, as well as Albert Winstanley. Both of whom lived in Bolton. Must be something in the water up this way that makes great cycling writers (probably the desire to leave for nicer pastures as often as possible :LOL: )

Back