Metallica's new album

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
who has heard it yet on the naughty illigal download sites, i think its bloody good, got it preordered at play.com

seam to be getting back to more of a raw feal dare i say it a little close to Master of Puppets !!!

Still think there rendition of Whisky in the jar is one of the best covers ever . . .

metallica whiskey in the jar = monster tune :twisted: love that song
saying that most of there back catalog is mint

rob

The guys from Metallica live here in Marin County, where I live, and one of them-James Hetfield-owns 500 or so acres of hills and valleys here. Recently he pissed off generations of hikers and Mountain Bikers by erecting a barbed wire fence across a fire road and several trails in the open space on his property that has been used by people for 50 plus years! The County Supervisors are negotiating with him to reopen the access to the land, which is surrounded by other free-right-of-access property. I like his music, but becoming one of the rich made him very unfriendly to the public and us mountainbikers.

I've only heard "The Day That Never Comes" and it's an awesome track, sounds like "One" off of ...And Justice For All.
If the rest of the album is like that it'll be amazing :twisted:

just listened to the whole album and it does hark back to the good ol' days of Metallica (before they sold out and went all "new" metal).

not a bad album, does sound alot like there old stuff. nice to see they included an instrumental track just like they used to BITD

FairfaxPat":h0x6ot6s said:
The County Supervisors are negotiating with him to reopen the access to the land, which is surrounded by other free-right-of-access property.

Since Napster, Metallica seem to have a big issue about access to their property.....

I do wish people would stop comparing this album to "puppets"!!!

I cannot see any comparison at all. The riffs are uninspiring, hetfields voice sounds tired, the solos are a bit boring really.

The only good thing is Lars appears to have remembered how to play the drums.

Listen to Master of Puppetts again....

Back