Order from America question

mattbrown

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I ordered some elastomers from the USA, and they were shipped end of September, but still havent turned up. The USPS number gives details to say it was collected and enroute, and the also the Post Office tracking site that says:

The item has been accepted and it's on its way. More information will be available as it travels through the network.

I paid for them by credit card, so the questions are - how long do I wait before I speak to the Post Office, if they don't ever turn up do I just accept it, and can I claim back via CC company if they dont turn up?

Did you get them from suspensionparts? If yes, I’d email him. He responds in 24hrs. Yes you can claim the loss against the card easily. Refunds are usually quick with major cards.

I would contact the PO now, and or USPS.

Sometimes things arent updated. If USPS states it hasnt been delivered then contact them. Then again for the PO to say it was accepted means it should be in their possesion now. Usually this means its in customs, was handed over, but USPS should update and confirm that, and is not yet on way with PO as they will issue a tracking number of their own when it is.

I agree with Mark. There seems to be a period of time that’s like a “black hole” when parcels are transferred from the originating country carrier to Customs, and then to the destination carrier. The sender should be able to trace with his/her original tracking number via USPS which is why I suggest contacting Jim if you got them from suspesionparts.

Yes, it was suspension parts. Normally the overall time period it a bit quicker than this. I'll look into contacting them both.

Back