Wiggo Lance bromance

Well he is the perfect Tour rider. He took drugs. Good for the book too

Re:

The drugs aren’t the biggest issue for me with this, more the way he would gleefully destroy others to save his ass, marks him out as a particularly unplesant human being

Agreed, xxnick. I still think he's an incredible rider. To win that many tours after cancer is still bloody impressive (especially as it wouldn't surprise me that many of his competitors were also doping).

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":2esy1tp2 said:
The drugs aren’t the biggest issue for me with this, more the way he would gleefully destroy others to save his ass, marks him out as a particularly unplesant human being
Nail on head.

greencat":10u2n7cq said:
Agreed, xxnick. I still think he's an incredible rider. To win that many tours after cancer is still bloody impressive (especially as it wouldn't surprise me that many of his competitors were also doping).

I truly believe there's a ton of skeletons that still haven't come out and may never be uncovered. His performances prior to his illness compared with what he ended up doing, time and distance, are eye boggling on the verge of incomprehensible.

He, and the entire environment he was a king pin for, was a giant facade of everything that's wrong with sport.

And he was, and still is, a ****. A giant grade A ****.

Back