legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Carbon fibre. Lithium.

Both very nasty materials detrimental to the health of us and the planet.

One of the 'greenest' modes of transportation ready to have its green credentials buggered into oblivion.

Very very sad.

I guess if it makes money for someone so who cares.

I care, but insulting people that choose to ride an ebike won't solve the problem.

Still, from a purely environmental perspective, Someone buying an e-bike for commuting is still polluting a lot less than some one buying a new car, regardless of fuel type. There are now quite a few people at my work that commute exclusively by e-bike and don't use their car.

Besides, bike manufacture is a tiny part of an immense social problem, and it's too late. We're screwed. There's one thing left that can truly prevent the earths condition worsening, and *MOST* people would never even contemplate it.

Forget about it and resign yourself to the fact that our consumerism and passive lifestyle did this, cycling without a battery won't fix it, and people only make money through demand for a product. You and I lead no better lifestyle than those that ride e-bikes, when everything is taken into account.

Re:

Even with the use of CF and Li, its still more eco than driving a car. I'll definitely have one when the time comes!

My_Teenage_Self":yyw1ypcv said:
There's one thing left that can truly prevent the earths condition worsening, and *MOST* people would never even contemplate it.

Interesting. What is that one thing, in your view?

CassidyAce":3ofnruz6 said:
My_Teenage_Self":3ofnruz6 said:
There's one thing left that can truly prevent the earths condition worsening, and *MOST* people would never even contemplate it.

Don't have Children.

i think the original point is that there are more friendly alternatives. and something that could be positive, regardless of how small in the grand scheme of things, is going to end up causing more harm than good. Any small step in the right direction is better than none!

My_Teenage_Self":1mzpl4im said:
CassidyAce":1mzpl4im said:
My_Teenage_Self":1mzpl4im said:

Don't have Children.

Your right ..... a sure fire way to save this earth- everything else is just window dressing or as the saying goes “akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic”

That said as a parent (of one) I’m not trading up/down or sideways no matter what, I living the dream of parenthood and will accept the consequences.

Retro Spud":7wiv3oa0 said:
My_Teenage_Self":7wiv3oa0 said:
Don't have Children.

Your right ..... a sure fire way to save this earth- everything else is just window dressing or as the saying goes “akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic”

That said as a parent (of one) I’m not trading up/down or sideways no matter what, I living the dream of parenthood and will accept the consequences.

And I have no problem with that.

On an unrelated note... I recommend the film 'Idiocracy' to all.

2976733183_5cccf5b8ee.jpg

Much love to you and your family, Mr Potato. :LOL:

My_Teenage_Self":3rnof0zs said:
On an unrelated note... I recommend the film 'Idiocracy’ to all

Much love to you and your family, Mr Potato. :LOL:

Never heard of that film ....will check it out

If THM was a film director it sounds like something he’d produce, :D

legrandefromage":18941nu0 said:
Carbon fibre. Lithium.

Both very nasty materials detrimental to the health of us and the planet.

One of the 'greenest' modes of transportation ready to have its green credentials buggered into oblivion.

Very very sad.

I guess if it makes money for someone so who cares.

I hear you. Add in tyres that aren't recyclable and it's a great triple combination.

In other news, advertisements aside, I've yet to see a slim built rider on an eBike. Make of that what you will.

Back