Le Mans history

Re:

I’m staying in Le Mans on Friday night and if I get chance I’ll go for look at it all. All depends as I’m road tripping back from west Spain and could well be tired.

Re:

Right upmystreet too. Love the shape/colour of that 37 Bugatti :cool: late 50s & 60s and a tad of early 70s for me. Last 10yrs cars are so ugly by comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_3193.JPG
    IMG_3193.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3205.JPG
    IMG_3205.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3195.JPG
    IMG_3195.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_3185.JPG
    IMG_3185.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 651
Re:

WOWZERS :shock: :cool: Never heard of this collection. Defo worth a detour next year. So many of my favourite works of automotive art.
Been to a few collections in the UK and Beaulieu a few times.

We have some incredible classics. Love early Jags, Astons and a rich heritage of other notable marques and the more affordable cars of the time. The Ferrari/Lambo museums in Italy blew me away. My great grandfather had the first motor vehicle in Co Mayo Ireland way bitd and the locals nick named him ‘Petrol-belly-Walsh’ as he had a tum on him RIP. Quite a character by all accounts. My late father’s Company sponsored a March Formula race car in the mid 70s but the engine kept blowing up :facepalm: I grew up watching him race cars, smelling gas, fettling engines etc. Occasionally we would open the doors and fire up the March in the garage and within 5mins hundred of people, barking dogs would be all gathered around the driveway. :LOL:

Doubt you could do that today.

We were there the year Graham Hill won!

There were a few Bugattis near me, The bloke who owned my local drill shop had a T45 Bugatti and the bloke over the road from me did some sort of classic racing in a T57. They both had all sorts of old exotic stuff that you would see in glossy car books.

Back