Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:10 pm 
Retro Guru

It's always amusing how people who do not believe in this stuff, do not experience this stuff.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Boo!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 pm 
Old School Grand Master

fiendish feet wrote:
Thanks for sharing Hamster
I love a good barrow, Henge, Hill fort , Fascinating History we have here
The old Megalithic sites are generally very peaceful and in some wonderful locations

Have you seen (or done any work) in this citizen science project?
http://www.arch.ox.ac.uk/hillforts-atlas-survey.html

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:10 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
shogun wrote:
It's always amusing how people who do not believe in this stuff, do not experience this stuff.

A direct quote from an ex workmate of mine...

"I don't believe in ghosts, even though I have seen one!"

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

late night riding is nice especially around mid summer. Not experienced anything odd though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 pm 
Retro Guru

Not on a ride...

But when I was younger, I was in the Scouts. we'd gone to a summer camp and for the first and only time I remember, we didn't camp, but stayed in dorms.

There were two dorms - one for the younger lads and one for the older. One of my mates just missed the cut-off point for the older dorm and he was in the younger dorm.

One night, I couldn't see him anywhere so went into the younger dorm to see if he was there. The door shut behind me and I realised I didn't know where the light switch was. As the dorm plunged into darkness, I heard this low moaning that went through me like the bass from a sub woofer.

I turned around to try and get out and, once I'd found the handle, tried to get out. the handle wouldn't budge and I was stuck in there. At this point, I was convinced that someone was playing a trick on me, so while I didn't particularly like being stuck in the dark, I didn't think it was anything odd.

The handle suddenly released and I got out. There was no one on the other side holding it shut - and I then noticed that my mate was outside. I kept an eye on the dorm and no one else came out.

A day or so later, the guy in charge of the campsite told us all these stories about the campsite and about the multiple ghost stories and sightings they'd had there. I could understand it if I'd heard the stories before hand, but not after.

FWIW - this is the only time I've ever had anything like this happen.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:00 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider

Location: Royal Forest of Dean (Still looking for the Bear !)
shogun wrote:

Perhaps I’m a closed book, as I’ve never had a spiritual (Religious) experience either....
However I’m between Agnostic and an Athiest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:04 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Cycling the other night along a unlit singletrack road I saw a dim light coming towards me - despite having a very bright light I couldn’t make anything out other than the dim light. It was only at the last minute I saw a white figure wearing what looked like a grey surgical gown riding a Victorian style trike.
Normally I can make out a face of a cyclist passing me but there were no features at all just blank white in my bike light.
Afterwards I got a few PB’s on Strava as I finished the route as quickly as possible and I’m still getting goosebumps.
Am I being a gigantic wet lettuce?
Think I’ll stay in tonight...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:27 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Kell wrote:
Not on a ride...

But when I was younger, I was in the Scouts. we'd gone to a summer camp and for the first and only time I remember, we didn't camp, but stayed in dorms.

There were two dorms - one for the younger lads and one for the older. One of my mates just missed the cut-off point for the older dorm and he was in the younger dorm.

One night, I couldn't see him anywhere so went into the younger dorm to see if he was there. The door shut behind me and I realised I didn't know where the light switch was. As the dorm plunged into darkness, I heard this low moaning that went through me like the bass from a sub woofer.

I turned around to try and get out and, once I'd found the handle, tried to get out. the handle wouldn't budge and I was stuck in there. At this point, I was convinced that someone was playing a trick on me, so while I didn't particularly like being stuck in the dark, I didn't think it was anything odd.

The handle suddenly released and I got out. There was no one on the other side holding it shut - and I then noticed that my mate was outside. I kept an eye on the dorm and no one else came out.

A day or so later, the guy in charge of the campsite told us all these stories about the campsite and about the multiple ghost stories and sightings they'd had there. I could understand it if I'd heard the stories before hand, but not after.

FWIW - this is the only time I've ever had anything like this happen.

By any chance... Fernycrofts in the New forest?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:28 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Retro Spud wrote:
However I’m between Agnostic and an Athiest

You know it's quite possible to be both?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next