Kids Maths App Recommendations.

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
Throwing this out here, wondering what RBers with young kids think are good maths Apps. My daughter is almost 9 and needs a boost :?

The History Man":40jscw37 said:
This is the site we use at all levels. Excellent, progressive, motivating.

https://www.mymaths.co.uk/

Check to see if the school subscribes or see if you can get onto it via partner school.

Nice one THM....I will see if her school is a member. Very keen on games that make them learn without realising it. She loves video games :D

Re:

Lots of schools use MyMaths or DoodleMaths.
(Among some others)

Check with your school, if they use one your child will have a logon already.

Re: Re:

xerxes":1y82e2xf said:

Be careful with foreign sites especially for maths. Not every country/curriculum teaches calculation in the same way or has progressed to the same modern technique. It can be counter-productive to use something the school isn't familiar with. Check it with them.

This is the reason I only teach basic maths as it's was all long division around here when i was a boy.

Re:

Gotta be honest....the new way...jump on and off etc makes me cringe. It seemed a lot simpler bitd. They are ‘trying’ to make concepts simpler ( i appreciate that ) but end up making them more ‘wooley’ imo. A bit like McDs new set up taking 5X as long to get your junk food :facepalm:

Re:

It's less about teaching them how they are done, but to see you can use it and develop number theory iirc.

Well that sort of thing.

Back