What is it with dogs

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
and cyclists? Why do they get so excited by them? Just have to run over to and after. :evil:

they sense your fear :shock:

also Trimble's look like bones to dogs :LOL:

Re:

I have to say, as a dog lover and life time owner, there does seem to be a new breed of dog owner who just has no sense. In joint use areas, put your dog on a close leash!

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3o1u3kng said:
I have to say, as a dog lover and life time owner, there does seem to be a new breed of dog owner who just has no sense. In joint use areas, put your dog on a close leash!

Also depends on where you are. The intellectually challenged seem to always have the most dangerous breeds and always off the leash when you have a young kid pootling about in public places. They get a power trip sensing the fear they generate in others. Dog ownership and breeding needs much better regulation in the UK imo.

M-Power":2erhoct9 said:
Also depends on where you are. The intellectually challenged seem to always have the most dangerous breeds and always off the leash when you have a young kid pootling about in public places.

It's the German Shepherds you have to watch out for. Mine lures them in with offers of free belly rubs before attacking them.

28803613357_7058ef5928_b.jpg

M-Power":qttmbh0c said:
...most dangerous breeds...
No such thing - any dog can be safe or dangerous based on its training and how it is treated. This kind of thinking results in the needless deaths of hundreds of perfectly safe dogs every year purely based on their looks (not even their parentage), and needs to be stopped.

No such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.

That said, I think it's the legs going round that makes some dogs give chase! One of mine is part Staffy terrier and loves chasing literally anything that moves - thankfully his recall is good so he only gets a couple of metres. The other couldn't give a damn!

Back