Transfer data from dead laptop.

Kona-Ian

Senior Retro Guru
My old laptop has a lot of pictures and music on it.
I need to use a caddy.
What's the best one to use / buy and how does it work?
Thanks.

My lad bought something like this in a similar situation when our HP laptop died

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGIFLEX-Drive ... B002UZO07C

Then removed the drive from the laptop, stuck it in the caddy and hooked it up to his Pc and took the data off it.....

If there's nothing dodgy about the data it might be easier to get a local shop to do it.

Ps. Edited for gender correctness :)

I bought one of THESE to play musical discs with a couple of laptop drives. It also works with big sata drives. Think I paid 1.99 but I bought one that was already in the UK;-)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks.
We have got an external hard drive.
Laptop is about 2007 I think, it's an hp one, new laptop is also hp and does have 3 USB ports.
Them cables look like a cheap way of doing it.
Will get the model number or a pic of the old laptop.
Will get the drive from it also.

Back