How do you show a pic in your post please?

SouthCoastRetro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has come up a million times but I can’t seem to find how to put a pic up in my post? I used to use Photobucket which did all the work for you but alas it is no more, can anyone help please? I understand it’s probably been asked a billion times but I still can’t find an answer.

Thanks in advance,

SCR.

I use flickr since photobucket lived up to its name.
Easy enough to use once figured out. Upload, click the arrow, choose bbcode then copy and past the bbcode in where you want the photo. Something like that.

I just use a resizer and then just copy pics straight from my pc, easy :)

Mark

What do you mean photobucket is no more? Just looked and it's still there. Although I canny get into it as my email address seams now invalid are all those pics of bike parts I've put on here lost?

I'm now trying myself to add pics on here as I don't even know how to get them from my phone to any of the photo storing software, never mind from them to retrobike :(
Alison

Before adding to photobucket I used the free app gimp to resize pics. Gimp is awesome

Alison

Photobucket now want a hefty subscription to show your pictures on forums etc. It's been a killer for forums that have never allowed direct uploads & pointed their members to Photobucket. Years of images are now Photobucket placeholders. There are browser add-ons that defeat whatever code PB are using to hide the pics but that's at user PC level so nothing forum can do to force their members to use it.

You'll see this on a lot of forums now.

There are other 3rd party hosts but there is always the danger they follow the PB model one day.

With such hosting there is always the worry the members deletes the pics or account sometime in the future & images they have on forums then vanish, renderings posts useless.

For reference sites reliant on 3rd party hosted images it's a nightmare especially when they are competing with Facebook where anyone can set up a group without any great thought to reference structure, navigation & ease of looking up info. Linear show & tell verses an encyclopedia.

Apart from PC software (& aye, Gimp is awesome) there are apps & online utilities for resizing pics - eg http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/

Some forum software can resize images on the fly so if a member tries to upload a 10mb 10000 x 10000 pixel image it accepts the upload but then resizes it to the admin defined dimensions & can pixel count, producing a still quality image of eg 100-200kb. I don't know if free software like the one used here (phpbb) does that but the feature does allow non-tech savvy members to not worry about resizing as the software takes care of it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,182
Back