cancer...may it feck off

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
i dont normally put things like this on the net but just recently ive changed my mind.aboyt 4 years ago i had a small mark appear on my chest,being the typical bloke i ignored it.over these years it has grown to the size of a thumbnail and its eating away at the tissue at a faster rate then it was.its about a quarter of an inch deep now too.what its doing is eating away at my tissue and soon ..muscle.a few months ago my wife noticed it and was rather alarmed(more than me anyway).as shes had cancer several times she harrassed me to get it looked at.again being the usual "dont worry its nothings" from me i eventually snapped and arranged an appointment to get it looked at.come the day i nearly changed my mind that morning as i thought it was a fuss about nothing really.it was a good job i didnt.the doctor took one look and said its cancer and it needs to be cut out .this wasnt the kind of start to the day i wanted.2 days later im at the hospital getting phtographed for the op.now im just waiting for the letter of the operation day to arrive.im told if i hadnt gone this would have eaten away at an increased rate month by month eventually leading to something horrible that i dont want to think about.im going to be left with some cool scarring afterwards so thats a manly bonus.

anyway the point of this post is to remind you all that if you have any doubts about a lump,spot or large hole that bleeds and eats away at you.....GET IT LOOKED AT!!!!!!!!!

end of rant... :facepalm:

I have a similar ‘bullet hole’ in my back. Took a couple of ops and biopsies to get it all. All I had was a strange itching enlarged mole. Melanoma. A worrying time.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Get yourself checked people.

Shit and my dad has bowel cancer ( responded well to radiotherapy) and my uncle having been treated for prostrate cancer I'm figuring I have to pay a bit more of attention to the " downstairs dept" as I age.
Good luck

gibbleking":1dufylg5 said:
if you have any doubts about a... large hole that bleeds and eats away at you.

Hmm.... sounds like my ex-wife :LOL:

Good to hear you're getting things sorted out though, I had some random health issue last year and did the usual "it's nothing, it'll be alright" , thankfully the current mrs nagged at me until i went to get it checked out, good job i did too.

Thoughts are with you and I understand personally what you're going through.

Tonight's also a year exactly, since my Mum was informed of the extent her cancer had reached and that nothing could be done. They really chose their moment, to burst in and blurt out her results that night. I wish you all the best and hope you receive better treatment than we both did, throughout our experiences.

Cancer, get f@@>ed.

I'm a paid-up club member. I only went to the doctor with a persistent silly cough because my wife booked me an appointment. :facepalm:
It turned out to be Hodgkin's Lymphoma. 9 months of chemo later I was clear...that was 14 years ago.

Look after yourselves chaps. It's less bother to family and cost to the NHS if you go early not late. Looking at my 9 month old son and wondering if I would see his second birthday made me see what a total berk I had been.

Re:

Good luck with your treatment. I, too, am a paid up member of the club no one wants to be a member of- the cancer club. 9 years ago I almost waited too long to get treated, but it worked and life went on. Then about 4 years ago I had a small cut on my ear that never seemed to heal, so I finally went in and got it cut out-it was cancerous tissue. I'm now being treated again for another kind of cancer and looking forward to being healthy again come this summer, fingers crossed. It's important to get any unusual signs or symptoms checked out by a Doctor immediately when you notice them, giving you a good chance of full recovery-Don't wait too long to get checked out, a lesson I have learned only too well. Best wishes for your recovery... :) Pat...

Back