Lights

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The winter is approching fast and I need some lights to commute .
What do you reckon ?
Do I really need a £400 system or a £50 will do the same .

picked a set of the cateye HL - RC220 for about £20 earlier this year

e bay , of coarse , and they are doing the job brilliantly

rechargeable , with the single headlight , lasts me well over a week on a charge

and well bright enough

£200 :shock: no way !!

I picked up a great set for commuting last year from e-bay. Brand new Smart twin headlight units. Rechargeable battery, great light and less than £20. They are probably going to be around again this year.. Looks...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5232- ... dZViewItem

yup, there they are. Pick your time and get them for next to nothing. St John st Cycles sells load of them.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I commute by bike year round so forced to use lights (why cant they just move the clocks like 3hrs ;)
I use whatever i'm given, smarts, vistas, NiMH etc whatever. none of them truly last. batteries dead inside a few months. mega expensive bulbs blowing. if I'd paid for my lights i'd been real pi$$ed off! bike lights seem extremely expensive for what you get?

probs trying a hope light set soon. let ya know how I get on.

I've ridden with people with £400 stadium lights or whatever they're called. They are great, amazingly bright. That said I've manged with my cygolites for commuting and training for the last few years, do the job adequately, certainly better than everready.

you have to leave the stadiums on, cant turn them on & off in short term duration during a ride.(IE when a mate breaks his bike & u're sat around waiting!) fairly tempremental I've found. lumicycles are pretty amazing apparently.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to lights, I use an original Nice Lite bought at a bike jumble for £15 years ago on the front and an original Cue Light on the rear (about £7) invested in some rechargable batteries for them and they are the ideal set up for me, stupidly easy to move from bike to bike too!

Stu

stu":y1f01ga2 said:
I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to lights, I use an original Nice Lite bought at a bike jumble for £15 years ago on the front and an original Cue Light on the rear (about £7) invested in some rechargable batteries for them and they are the ideal set up for me, stupidly easy to move from bike to bike too!

Stu

I'm a cheapskate too, I dont understand how a battery & a bulb can cost £400. espically when theres lots of people building their own systems for a fraction of the price.

Back