18 years on

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
From Columbine.
And nothing has changed.
My deepest sympathies are with the families of the poor children who were murdered yesterday.

Re:

I am sure things will change. Trump does not represent the zeitgeist on this. It is being formed by events, and is not as seemingly intransigent,

America had it's chance after Sandy Hook.

I am American and I 'get' why the gun lobby's have their opinion, just like I can 'get' people who disagree with me on Brexit. Doesn't make them right though.
Gun control / ownership in Massachusetts is very low and it's hard to get a gun there, but some states are very lax indeed.

No-one needs an Armourlite, sporting guns and revolving hand guns okay, in the wilderness states.

But rapid fire and big clips are for one thing only.

The US Government needs to do something and it hasn't.

It won't.

I give up.

I'm glad I live here...

...even with Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Re:

Already 18 US school shootings in the first 45 days of this year :shock: As a lot of our American brothers on FB have been saying, it wasnt like that when they were at school. It was a rare thing. So why is it endemic now ?

There were so many warning signs with Cruz going way off the rails but still he was allowed to keep his guns. Sure with 300M guns in US hands he could easily have got hold of an illegal one but if loosing the right to have them saves one life, its surely worth it. If Cruz had been in a UK college its unlikely he would have been able to commit such an attocity. Sadly you wonder how bad does it have to get before Congress finally acts. It will happen eventually, it has to.

^^^

Exactly. It's not a mental health issue. It's not a safeguarding issue. It's a Gun issue.

Plenty of people are crazy. They tend to be fairly harmless or be more danger to themselves.
Unless they can buy a weapon and 500 rounds of armour piercing ammunition.

At which point all bets are off.

The US Government has to act, it has had numerous opportunity to do so.

Obama missed the opportunity after Sandy Hook.

It's not good enough.

Gun controls are needed. But they won't do it. Madness. Trump won't do it

Latest posts

Back