The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Up to £130 gets me a drill with fast charger and two batteries.

Looking at ryobi one+ system thing. 13mm chuck £125.

Any experiences or alternatives? My old Bosch is 20 years old and batteries (ni cad) are dead.

BUYING TONIGHT!!!

Thank you Kenneth.

Makita is my cordless drill choice at work. We have 2 well hammered 18v ones which are about 7 years old and I have just replaced the first of the 2 batteries.

We use the batteries on other Makita tools a s well so they have had a really hard life!

Erbauer from Screwfix is a good budget choice too. Have li-on 18v angel grinder which is fab.

Tried most and only makita keep working and supply batteries for all models, so much less obsolescence.

Makita...the best. You can buy the drill with 2, 3, or 4 Ah batteries which are then compatible with all their cordless stuff. Which can in turn be bought as body only. Saves a lot in the long run if you need the likes of planers, small circular saws etc. There are often deals. LXT range is great.

Right. Dewalt v makita?

Both 3.0 ah x 2 batteries, brushless motors. Same charge time. But dewalt has more torque , 65 v 42 nm

Same price. Which way do I go?

Makita probably has a metal gearbox.
DeWalt....who knows. Black & Dekker under a different name. Miliwakee were good but got bought by TTi who own B&D and Ryobi.......

Back