Trades people...?

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Preamble; I intend no disrespect to those in the 'trades', plumbers, electricians etc. This is not a rant. Honest!

We're planning to re-do our kitchen, it needs the ceiling skimmed (the first room of the whole house), fuse box moved, and the boiler moving too.

I've spoken to 4 Gas & heating companies, 4 electricians, and 3 plasterers ( I rang a LOT more, but these are the only ones that answered, or got back to me) All said they'd be happy for the work, and all agreed to come out and quote for it.

Between my wife and I, we've been in for all of their appointments, and we've said all the way 'whatever is easiest for you' to fit into their schedules. ONE heating guy and ONE electrician turned up. No plasterers and a total of 9 no shows?!

We've wasted 9 hours of our life waiting for them, plus missed work and time travelling home.

Why is this happening? ALL were on checkatrade with 9.5+ scores. Are they all so swamped for work that they can afford to blow us off like that?

What's going on? :(

People i know in trades are pretty much flat out, even in their spare time, they do over run on jobs due to unforseen events and very rarely will they say no to someone wanting work doing. Getting them to actually fit it into what lack of time they have is another matter :LOL:

Re: Re:

RobMac":34y4fa1l said:
FACT : This is a country wide problem with tradesmen :?

true. And so easy for them to get away with it :twisted:

Attachments

• builders.jpg
    builders.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 858
Similar experience here. The idea of sending a text that they will be late / unable to make the appointment seems to be beyond them.

Re:

Tell me about it. Same issue in London. Unless you throw cash at them they are not interested. Too much development going on and sky high rates for experienced tradesmen.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: classic. Not help for this threads problems. :oops: except laughter is good for the body

Back