Car advice - 2007 Mini Cooper 1.6

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Evenin' peeps..........daughter keen to buy the above with 60K on the clock. New camchain fitted very recently and full service history at main dealer where it was originally purchased. Chilli pack with extras so quite nice aesthetically.

Anyone any experience of them?

Certainly won't get many bikes in the back but suspect that's not top of her priorities :xmas-cool:

cheers

Electric power steering can fail - thats the biggest headache.

Lots of engine sensors play up but easy fix, they are pretty well built. I was working on one with 184,000 miles just the other day.

Been around a few. That is a really low miler! If it has a full service history, I would get it if the price is right! Lovely cars.

Reading that, it seems the cooper s is the batshit crazy one to avoid. Looking at the direct injection faults, I had similar issues with my gdi Renault many moons ago. That problem pretty much killed off all of the Renault models using that type of fuelling. I too found that shell's vpower cured the problem.

I liked the bit where the fuel pump low pressure caused the engine oil pump to do like wise and ruin yet another cam chain! and faulty coolant pumps also lead to failed cam chains. Wasn't there a Mini wide epidemic of catastrophic and random power steering pump failure? 70% failure rate. It will happen to you at the wrong time and place.

Re:

OK thanks - investigating that steering pump issue.........

Looks like models up to 2005 were recalled for this but can't find similar for 2007 cars.........

Daughter No2 has a Focus and the power steering fluid pipe failed on that last summer, which was fun and a £500 repair.

Back