Potential eBay Issue incoming

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Don't usually get too many issues buying or selling but there's something upcoming.

I sold a flightcase at the beginning of Jan and because of the bulk I sent it via UPS drop shop / parcel locker service (I also sent a large power amp at the same time).

They were both successfully delivered to the parcel lockers and recipients were notified. The first guy had never dealt with this system before but after an explanation and a link to the website he went off and collected his package. He seemed happy enough.
The second guy though after initial contact to provide a phone number, which he did via an email address didn't respond to any further contact when I emailed him to ask him if he has notification of delivery to the package locker, no response, I left it as I have notified him and I know the carrier sent a mail to his address. There is nothing so far on both mail and eBay messaging and no complaint, no request for anything. Today the parcel arrives back at my house untouched.
I've mailed again but am not expecting a response, so what should I do, technically he now owns the item so I can't sell it on, I would need to cancel the transaction to get my fees back but that requires him to respond which so far he hasn't done. I would only refund the amount for the item and not shipping as I fulfilled my responsibility to ship with tracking.
Any suggestions?

Carl.

Re:

Not yet wife informed me that.the parcel was returned today and I'm overseas in meetings so I'll try when I get home. The fact he responded quickly to the phone number request and hasn't responded to anything since makes me wonder if something serious has happened. I know I'd not wait for 3 weeks if I'd ordered something.

Carl

Hi Carl

From what you have told us i dont see any issues.

You have a few options, personally i would contact ebay just to explain the situation, ring them as any actions that you might need to take can be sorted at their end while on the phone.

If the buyer eventually gets back to you and ebay have refunded you etc then their is nothing stopping you from selling it to them again. And at least your covered if he gets funny about it.

Mark

trouble is ebay will default to a full refund ie including any postage paid, which leave the seller out of pocket.

i have had similar issue in the past, seller just went quiet and parcel turned up back on my doorstep. I sent him a few messages but never heard from him again. I still have the box in the shed just in case, its only been about 4 years so you never know

Think i'll just hang on to it, it's a 4U flightcase so quite chunky but I can stick it in the loft. If makes contact and sends me postage I'll post it again. Quite happily.

Carl.

Also had this happen.item returned unopened months after posting.Buyer ignored e mails even though he was still listing stuff on e bay.That was at least four years ago and as far as I know the box is still kicking about in the back of the shed.Had he not still been listing stuff I would have been more concerned. The chances are you wont hear anymore about it.

You can still get your fees back, even if the buyer doesnt respond.

The buyer can get their payment refunded through paypal, have you checked that?

Back