Tool Boxes Cabinets Storage etc - Advice please & Show Yours

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
I need to really sort out my tool storage as part of clearing up or should that be out of my garage.

Like many of us, the quantity of tools seems to have expanded beyond my storage capacity and I would really like to get some good toolboxes rollcabs or similar to store them in an accessible and organised fashion. I have plenty of racking but the tools seem to live in a mishmash of plastic tubs boxes etc.

So what is good and durable please? What do others use? Snap on or Mac tools Cabinets look great but are there viable and cheaper alternatives? What about re-using office or industrial cabinets like Lista Cabinets.

Many thanks

Heres how NOT to do it

file.php

Re:

I've got some Halfords, proffesional boxes, to be honest they're pretty poor but I got a three box set on an offer so I got what I paid for. If I have paid full price I'd have been quite disappointed.
However it doesn't help as the tools still end up every where :roll:

Re:

I too have a Halfords professional tool chest which I bought just before Xmas when it was on a deal at £50.

I would agree it’s a bit tinny but for the money ?

However, to go with it I got this.

Pre Xmas sample:

I’ve ordered sheets pre-cut to fit the halfords chest at about £10 per drawer.

More pics in due course after some cutting.

Attachments

• 4C67890A-97CB-4D8F-8D3C-F0BB63B0A685.jpeg
    4C67890A-97CB-4D8F-8D3C-F0BB63B0A685.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 1,659
  • F882E57B-BED6-45BD-BCCA-BDDEA8EEA00A.jpeg
    F882E57B-BED6-45BD-BCCA-BDDEA8EEA00A.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,659
  • E1D4BDD0-98C9-4605-9B5B-4C820DAE6A7D.jpeg
    E1D4BDD0-98C9-4605-9B5B-4C820DAE6A7D.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,659
  • 252EBCCE-0E36-4914-B120-9D6BB5A193F5.jpeg
    252EBCCE-0E36-4914-B120-9D6BB5A193F5.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,659
legrandefromage":3lcq5yie said:
Heres how NOT to do it

file.php

But that's organised! you have everything in little boxes! you should see mine :facepalm: And no, I'm not posting a pic :oops:

Re:

I've got a set of Halfords Industrial tool chests. They are very good and on par with Snap on etc... Very different to their professional ones. They have ball bearing slides and each drawer uses the handle to unlock. They are normally £800 for all three but I got mine in one of their sales for £400 for all three. Currently they have them at £350 for the bottom and top boxes. http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... est-bundle

Ed

Re:

I have a lot of tool cabinets, including some of the Halford's ones. Nothing wrong with them, you can beef them up if required.

Never replaced my Snap On kit after it attracted some magpies.

I use Halford's Pro sockets and so on too, they are great quality and you can't argue with a no quibble lifetime replacement policy.

I am currently adapting a hand made 1950s record cabinet to hold woodworking tools.

Like the majority its just a mad pile, without order.

Currently looking for new house and one of its bedrooms will be a kind of workshop. I'd look at that time to convert one wall to built in joiners, all cupboards and a fold down bench.

I think I've seen similar on here in the more thought out workshops. Lots of drawers, spots for this and that, racks for tool cases on seldom used small machines :?

Maybe one day :LOL:

Back