Anyone good with graphics?

fattiman

Senior Retro Guru
I would like to have an enlarged picture of the 1995 Kona Hei Hei from the Kona Catalogue of that year. Problem is that I cant increase the size of the image on this website without it distorting.
I would be happy to pay someone to lift the image and print it on whatever medium is suitable, in a large size say A3.
Any help greatly aperciated

Have you contacted gil_m on here? As he is excellent with decals

Re:

Unless you are looking for an particular grain in the image, I would avoid taking it up to anything like A3.

The ideal solution would be to get hold of a high res scan from the original product shot.

To that end, I would be contacting Kona in whatever form they still exist, or anyone who might be able to identify the photographer, or whoever owns the images.

Good luck!

Re:

The lady who produced the catalogues (daughter of the importer iirc) is in the 80/90 Golden era Facebook group.
She may not have done them this early (it could just be the jungle graphics era) but worth a go to see if the originals are still around.

You're going to be limited to the dots of the print for blowing up to A3 from the catalogue without some fun in Paint.net/photoshop/etc 'fixing' but you'll need a better scan for that than the website one.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":btnxbcv2 said:
The lady who produced the catalogues (daughter of the importer iirc) is in the 80/90 Golden era Facebook group.
She may not have done them this early (it could just be the jungle graphics era) but worth a go to see if the originals are still around.

You're going to be limited to the dots of the print for blowing up to A3 from the catalogue without some fun in Paint.net/photoshop/etc 'fixing' but you'll need a better scan for that than the website one.

Wow thats incredible, I will try to track her down and see if she can help.

Re:

For what you want to do you'll need the original high resolution picture. Good luck with that considering it's pre 98.

She might be able help (and is super nice) but it's a mighty big long shot.

There are a few programs you can download to upscale the image without losing much detail. Otherwise get in touch with photo/image shops as most have even better software and can create amazing posters from small/poor prints.

if the original image is poor, you'll be hard pressed to try increase the image size up to anything worth printing. as good as some algorithms found in some programs are now a days, any fine details can't be reconstructed from nothing.

RockiMtn":2qsgvvaz said:
if the original image is poor, you'll be hard pressed to try increase the image size up to anything worth printing. as good as some algorithms found in some programs are now a days, any fine details can't be reconstructed from nothing.

Thats exactlly what they can do now. To put it simply they guess whats missing and add the detail, some programs are quite good at it nowadays. You are always going to loose a bit and yes, super fine details will be vague on close inspection but they go along the lines of a bigger pictuere will be viewed further away so trick, if you will, the mind into seeing whats there.

Never going to be photo quality though and not sure on pricing. Going by the last time i had one made it costs alot!! but that was many years ago before digital cameras :LOL:

Back