Where is my bicycle?

fossala

Retro Guru
I'm not going to name anyone but I'm starting to get frustrated with a transaction and have to vent.

I bought a bike on here over a month ago, I still don't have the bicycle.

He first didn't cash the cheque when he said he would.
Then said he was going to come down in two weeks but cancelled a few days before.
He then told me he would send it last week but didn't and also didn't reply to my messages for 4 days.
I've now been told it would of been sent yesterday and he would message me. No message and still no bike.

His attitude is starting to go sour like I'm in the wrong for asking questions about when I'm actually going to receive the bicylce.

Long standing member who has been on here 7 years with 1700+ posts but I just want my bike.

Apparently yet another delay. He decided he wants to repack everything, no mention of time frames on when he will post this time. At what point do I just ask for my money back? The thing is I had my eye on the bike for months before telling him I'd take it, I really do like it.

fagin":19rqxhbx said:
never send a cheque to a stranger. Paypal goods at least has simple recourse.
It seems to be in the post now. Although he said he dropped it off yesterday so my wife stayed in today but today he gave me the tracking number and it looks like he didn't drop it off until today (4th time he has missed a time he said he would post by). I have never been messed around by one guy so much, I just hope it arrives in good (immaculate as per description) condition.

I sent the guy a frame (lovely Geoffrey Buttler touring frameset (531st) with a seized seatpost for free including paying for the postage myself on the acceptance that he would give me the money (only £50) if he got the seatpost out. He has since tried to sell it on here and hasn't given me the money... Unfortunately I only realised this after I paid for this frame.

I'm in the process of deciding if I should start a feedback thread for him because I know I'll never deal with him again.

fossala" I'm in the process of deciding if I should start a feedback thread for him because I know I'll never deal with him again.[/quote said:
that's what the feed back is for not just the good. The bad is i think is more important to know about. Warn others

fossala":h1d2lnsk said:
fagin":h1d2lnsk said:
I sent the guy a frame (lovely Geoffrey Buttler touring frameset (531st) with a seized seatpost for free including paying for the postage myself on the acceptance that he would give me the money (only £50) if he got the seatpost out. He has since tried to sell it on here and hasn't given me the money... Unfortunately I only realised this after I paid for this frame.

not too hard to do a search for the above and figure out who this is.

My_Teenage_Self":h7qdbhei said:
fossala":h7qdbhei said:
fagin":h7qdbhei said:

not too hard to do a search for the above and figure out who this is.
At this point I'm not too bothered. After I have the frame and it is in good condition I'll challenge him about the £50 still owed and also after that is concluded I'll write a feedback post both for buying from him and selling.

He has also lied this morning saying that he wasn't late posting it even though the tracking says so. I deliver most things with the same courier company and when you drop off a parcel it gets scanned and you have to sign for it being dropped off and you get a receipt.

Nevermind, hopefully the bicycle will turn up tomorrow in good condition.

Paint chipped, parts missing and gear lever part seized in place. He knew this before sending as the other side was removed!

Wait to see what he says.

Back