Remapping

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So...I’m potting around in a 2000 SAAB 2.0 turbo at the moment. Not a slow car, not a fast car. 154bhp
Apparently these engines Tune really easily. An extra 75bhp from a stage one ECU available from Noobtune for as little as £75! Seems a no-brainier, any one done it here?

Remapped my impreza several times, BITD a company called TSL (Trent Saab Limited) did both Saab and Subaru. Many cars are easily remapped :)

I've remapped a couple of cars now. Makes a big difference. You can get a stock map or a custom map. A custom map you can remap the car to be more economical and get medium power gains or go all out and go for max power. Max power can come with issues though. Clutches burning out on autos is one. Fuel pumps and lines unable to cope with the newly required demand. There must be a Saab forum and they will have a technical section which will answer all your questions.

Check out Sweed Speed, not sure of the exact url. It’s a forum for Volvo and Saab.

I’ve got a Volvo C30 D5 and had that mapped years ago, feels so much better. I would look for a reputable tuner though, some of those cheap tuning boxes can do more harm than good.

Re:

THAnks. I think Karl at Noobtune is pretty much the guru re SAAB engines. Will pop an email over and see what he says, I actually would like a bit more mpg over bhp if possible

Re:

The T5 trionic system is easily mappable yourself with downloads easily available from saab central and uksaabs

G

Re:

Not to overlook things like suspension mods, etc. Our 'new' Range Rover has uprated brakes and some suspension tweaks, that in real terms mean more than the engine tweaks and exhaust improvements done. There is only so far you can polish a turd! These old BMW engines don't really benefit from a remap.

Long term we are thinking of adding a supercharger. Well, I am. Just for japes!

One of my buds has a Japanese import car with BHP he can dial in from 350 to near 700. Amazing, but he never uses the higher output as, in his own words, he would end up in a ditch in a graveyard..

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":1przyb7o said:
The T5 trionic system is easily mappable yourself with downloads easily available from saab central and uksaabs

G

Thanks...discovered today that mine is a T5. Will look

Back