Anyone want this? Collection from West Sussex

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello,

Yes, really, it's a fixed gear pencil sharpener. I need the space so it's up for grabs. You never know, soomeone here might want it. Lovingly hand crafted by me in 2006 it's worked flawlessly since, it'll take a blunt pencil and sharpen it before reducing it to a pile of shavings in very little time. It's been so well thought out that it'll even sharpen pencils of varying diameters.

if you want it, just message me and you can have it. Collection only from Horsham, West Sussex. Happy to meet you at the station (direct trains from London Bridge or Victoria). Once you've got it home please make a donation (up to you how much) to the charity that has helped me through my cancer treatment via my just giving page here:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tad-Kowal

pedal_sharpener_143.jpg

Full spec:
Frame: 1960s Triumph
Fork: Bent
Front tyre: Flat
Chainset: Raleigh cottered with a 1/8" chainring attacked with an angle grinder to enable it to be used with a variety of riveted together scrap 3/32"chains.
Bars: Bit of steel pipe from the scrap metal bin.
Sprocket: Off a 5 speed freewheel again attacked with an angle grinder, bodged on to a bit of steel plate, then welded onto the end of a desk(now handlebar)mounted pencil sharpener.

Handle bar mounting allows for easy chain tension adjustment, just rotate bars forward/back to get correct tension. No need for faffing with tensioners.

Re:

I can see a business opportunity for the future owner of this contraption.

Mount the sharpener on the top tube near headtube and fit a 2 ring crankset, replace rear wheel with an additional chain and you've got a mobile pencil-sharpening business. There must be government grants for any young budding entrepreneurs setting out on a career in pencil sharpening. They'll be the first so business will be brisk. :mrgreen:

Let's face it though, they'll also probably be the last. :facepalm:

Back