Tracking Devices

Re:

Have wondered about these too – don't seem cheap. You'd need something small enough to lodge somewhere inside the frame probably. It would need to be impervious to the elements and have enough power to keep transmitting for quite a while.

Re:

You can get tiny ones that hide in the handlebars, seat post, and frame where they would be protected from the elements- I've seen several kinds under $150.00-you need a smart phone to access them...

Re:

Yup, we have found a few, and one particular one looks just the ticket. The Pod Tracker.

The current version is 25mm in diameter.

Version 2 is a mere 23mm, so will go in most frames under the seat post.

Not cheap, but if they work then the prospect of getting a bike back is pretty cool.

I don't know how much the frame might restrict the transmission of location messages.

It does seem worth trying though.

Re:

Best option really – don't take your prize possessions out to the streets, even if D-locked to something seemingly immoveable – have them securely locked in a secure lock up at home.

Re:

Life is too short to leave your nicer bikes in the shed. A good tracker will last many days on a charge. My mate will discover his bike is nicked within hours, and there is a good chance he will be able to get it back.

I think this is the future for bike security.

Back