Olympics: Cycling

Winning Gold

Makes me proud to be a life long cyclist (and ex rower and yachtsman too) and see Our Lads and Lasses dominate in the drome but beggers the question why we cannot achieve more in other sports disciplines?
Sort of dreading the MTB tho :( Perhaps we should ride it fixed on slicks :D

Would somebody please explain the sprint and team sprint to a complete moron?

Two guys start the race, one looking over his shoulder all the time, they wobble around and suddenly one takes off like a spanked cat......Huh?

Team Pursuit.....why all the place swapping and even bigger why on the guy who drops out at the end so the team becomes a three :? :?

I know nothing about sports cycling so PLEASE enlighten my dumb ass ;)

neilll":3t4txt19 said:
Would somebody please explain the sprint and team sprint to a complete moron?

Two guys start the race, one looking over his shoulder all the time, they wobble around and suddenly one takes off like a spanked cat......Huh?

Quite simple; its nigh on impossible to win a sprint from the front.

So, they crawl round slowly, where the front guy tries to go so slow the back guy has to come past.

Then, they crawl up the banking and BANG the back guy shoots down picking up pace and hopes to catch the front guy off guard and thus wins.

Simple really ;)

Pickle":312l61f6 said:

So, they crawl round slowly, where the front guy tries to go so slow the back guy has to come past.

Then, they crawl up the banking and BANG the back guy shoots down picking up pace and hopes to catch the front guy off guard and thus wins.

Simple really ;)

Weird.... :roll:

Ok, what about Team Pursuit then?

MadCowKev":2h99m31z said:
Pickle":2h99m31z said:

Unless your surname is Hoy :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH

DDG-12%20Standard%20Missile%20Launch.jpg

Back