day 8

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
day 8 slipped disc, and we aint talkiing brakes, as brakes dont require morphine. this typiingss hard enough.
any1 know approx heal time

or any1 any suggestions

Ah mate, i feel for you, really sorry to hear that.

I have no idea on healing times, i suppose it depends on a few factors really. One thing i will say is dont let them put you onto patches, really really bad comedown and the majority of users end up in a bad way. Oral Morphine is a lot easier to come off of.

Anyway, get well soon, oh, you can always use voice to text to type for you :)

Re:

My sympathies go out to you. I can only imagine the pain as 2 years ago I had an accident and damaged my lower back. The sciatica it caused was painful enough to leave me unable to walk and housebound for 'a while' so I can only imagine what you're going through. Slipped disc is a lot worse than what I had from what I've been told.

k-rod":g19p5551 said:

CUrrently on -oramorph, 10ml,/hour ,35mgc0dine/500mg paracetamol@4hours, 400mg gabapenton@4hours.
Even at this the 10ml of oral morphine each hour is a f**in godsend

Caused by cycling

:p

a simple 1/2 turn on the hiip from coooker to sink whiile cooking.. wwoke up next day into pain of which ive never felt before, even when i ripped 1/2 my achilliess tendon off my heel 20 year back.

admittedly then cycling the 800m to the coop for cream for my morning coffee was with hindsight a really dumb move :facepalm:

lesson leaarned

Re:

Back injuries are hard to predict how long they will last. I hurt my back a half dozen times over the years moving pianos, and they usually took 2-4 weeks to get better. I found that 30 minutes on my back on the floor with no pillow a couple of times a day helped. Remember to roll on your side and then hands and knees to get back up. Also I try to get off the pain killers as soon as possible as they are habit forming. Good luck, Pat :)

Re:

You have my deepest sympathies :(

But I can't look at the title for this thread without hearing 'Daay Ate' in a Tyneside accent :facepalm:

Back