cyclist who knocked over and killed

Well don't think the cyclist has a leg to stand on seeing as his bike was not allowed to be on the road due to it being a track bike. You would have to be crazy taking one of those out of a track environment with no brakes whatsoever, and the design doesn't allow for a brake anyway!

Re:

The cockwomble wants locking up for a damned long time. Showing very little remorse for his intentional disregard for safety on public roads and the potential to create an accident due to his hazard. Would you drive a car with no brakes? What a cock!!!!!

Re:

What a tragedy, kids left without a Mum because of a young mans arrogance and immaturity.

hopefully the whole hipster fixie culture takes note of this and has a look at its self

it seems to be a sign of the times. With jogger push, this and the other cyclist a few years ago who killed a girl crossing the road. Good manners & patience is dying out.

Re: Re:

longun":hamj58p4 said:
The cockwomble wants locking up for a damned long time. Showing very little remorse for his intentional disregard for safety on public roads and the potential to create an accident due to his hazard. Would you drive a car with no brakes? What a cock!!!!!

This. :x

I would argue that has nothing or at least not much to do with riding a fixed gear. You may not able to brake as quick as a rider with proper brakes but this seems not to be the point in this acciedent. People walking on the bicycle path without watching, even without recognizing it, people are playing with their smartphones ignoring traffic at all. On my daily commuting way of about 20km through Berlin I am watching so much stupid behaviour in traffic from cyclists, pedestrian, car driver, ... At least twice a week I find myself in dangerous situations I didnt cause and couldnt prevent (and I drive mostly with my kids and therefore pretty cautious).

Riding, walking, driving with cautioun and careful would help to avoid such situations.

PS: I stopped riding fixed gear as a car in front of me just started its engine a second later as expected, I couldnt brake anymore and nearly hit its rear window - what I decided to do was to fall on the road rather into the car...

Latest posts

Back