Has any body replaced an iPad screen?

think i'll give it a miss. As mine works fine. And that looks a lot of work as my screen is well and truly shattered.

The i pad has two screens, if its just the outer screen thats shattered, which it usually is, then it is a cheap repair job. Just take it to a half decent computer shop and let them know you know it has two screens, they then wont charge you for replacing the actuall screen ;)
If its the actual screen thats broke, very rare, then it is a bit more expensive but depending on which version of i pad it is, its a lot cheaper than a replacement :)

Mark

The thought of spending any amount of money on this tech is hard. Bike parts no problem.
I don't want Jobs ghost at the end of the bed :LOL:
So off to some fix shop. The clear plastic sticky is doing a good job of holding it all together. I'm surprised it still works.
Ta :D

tintin40":3sn7u584 said:
The thought of spending any amount of money on this tech is hard. Bike parts no problem.
So off to some fix shop. The clear plastic sticky is doing a good job of holding it all together. I'm surprised it still works.

If its still working its only the outer glass protection screen thats broke, which is a cheap fix. its when you smash it really hard and break the lcd screen thats expensive :)

mkone":2sg7vo89 said:
tintin40":2sg7vo89 said:

If its still working its only the outer glass protection screen thats broke, which is a cheap fix. its when you smash it really hard and break the lcd screen thats expensive :)

So a little sliver lining :)

Re:

I've done a couple of Sonys, Samsungs and Nokia smartphone digitizers and genuinely pretty easy to do .. just make sure you give it enough heat to unstick the old adhesive strip under the glass .. use the supplied plectrum thing to lift the old glass. Take your time and warm the new adhesive strip up before app.
Try and work in a dust free area and arrange stripped down parts (if necessary) in order of re-assembly.

Simples. ;)

Back