Charlie Gard

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
A morale dilemma, or cognitive dissonance?
Hopefully we can have a sensible debate about this, without aggression!

As a father, this is truly heartbreaking. I'm sure we all want the best for our children, but is the best allowing them to suffer?

And the action groups - what's in their best interest, the child or their beliefs.

The life of one baby, as tragic as it is, draws headlines and pressure groups yet the hundreds that are killed in Yemen or Palestine draw very little.

Your thoughts. Keep it sensible, keep it calm and please refrain from personal insults.

Re:

Afaik he has a 10% chance with the experimental treatment. Thats good enough justification for me, also medicine should learn from the process, advancing our knowledge further with such or similar cases.

Re:

I must confess to not having mugged up on all the details of the potential of the proposed experimental treatment but if the funds and will is there to try, let them try. The media has turned it into an emotional circus and no doubt made millions off the back in advertising. Its never been a better time to be a journo. Its some if these judges that disgust me. Making decisions that are often against the public interest and even safety, not to mention offending common sense but i digress beyond this sad case.

Re:

As a parent I have fortunately never been in this position, however as a grandparent I have and it truly pulls you apart to see your own daughter and her husband having to make the terrible decision to stop further treatment or to carry on, in our case they talked to consultants/doctors/nurses for there experienced opinions but in the end the medical staff made it clear it would be there decision to carry on treatment or not and that they would respect that decision and do there very best for there child
In the end they took the heart breaking decision that it would be wrong to carry on any further treatment.
There daughter my grandchild passed away on 1st November 2015
I believe that with the help respect and love from those around them that it was the correct decision to make, but life is not easy and live with the loss every day.

As a foot note to this my grandaughter spent a few weeks at great ormand street and my daughter and son in law said the whole experience was unlike any other hospital they had been in with there daughter, very rarely did they see a consultant/registrar
They were very relieved when eventually there daughter was transferred to another hospital, it seemed to come across that the senior staff didn't want to interact with the parents of the children in there care!

Mick

Latest posts

Back