Photobucket - Arrrrghhh!

paddlingpool

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Right, so photobucket want to start charging for 3rd party hosting which I wont be paying them for.
What are my other options for for doing this here?

If you mean uploading pics to this site, just download a free resizer and add pics as attachments, easy ;)

Mark

I tend to use th google drag option on the chromebook. Photobucket got very laggy the last couple of years to a point I gave up. Recently they seem to be very much pro active in chasing up the money

This is really annoying. I've been using it here, and on old car forums too. those build threads and picture threads are going to be hard work now! :( This is teh final straw for me and crappy Photobucket.

Re:

There are other options.

Imgur
Imgur has little text boxes to copy and paste BBcode for a variety of types of forums and web sites, similar to photobucket. There's even a trick with the mobile app that if you copy the link to the image itself (tap photo to show full screen, the tap/hold to get "share/copy link" URL), then paste into a forum editor, if you add "l" or "m" to the filename, the image will be a "large" or "medium" version of your image, resized at the server. E.g. IMAGE.JPG becomes IMAGEl.jpg or IMAGEm.jpg

Flickr
With Flickr you have to use 'Share' then BBCode link. It is not quite so intuitive.

Is this being rolled out slowly as mine PB account seem seems to be as always has been, slow but working as normal.

Easy_Rider":16ym1756 said:
Is this being rolled out slowly as mine PB account seem seems to be as always has been, slow but working as normal.

Yes i do believe it is as i joined photobucket a couple of years ago their abouts and have been affected by this hosting policy already but my youngest lad hasn't been affected yet and he became a member of photobucket around 05 so i think their working through their members list backwards from the most recent however i'm relocating my 1000 pics to Flickr very slowly ..

Back