Fox Hunting Prosecution

Re:

I love foxes, always have a few in the garden and often some cubs in season. That being said they would be shot (not always a clean kill) or agonisingly poisoned by farmers as a threat to livestock, so the concept of hunting them with hounds doesnt freak me out as much as some. Yes it brutal but i have seen countless foxes chasing rabbits and pheasants on golf courses, tooth and claw etc and listening to that squeeling is quite unsettling too, natural though it is.

A fox kills to survive. It's part of being a fox I guess, and certainly not justification for killing it!

M-Power":3htcl8i1 said:
I love foxes, always have a few in the garden and often some cubs in season. That being said they would be shot (not always a clean kill) or agonisingly poisoned by farmers as a threat to livestock, so the concept of hunting them with hounds doesnt freak me out as much as some. Yes it brutal but i have seen countless foxes chasing rabbits and pheasants on golf courses, tooth and claw etc and listening to that squeeling is quite unsettling too, natural though it is.
So they deserve to be torn apart by hounds, as natural as their behaviour is? :facepalm:

highlandsflyer":wu3op5a2 said:
So they deserve to be torn apart by hounds, as natural as their behaviour is? :facepalm:

Read his answer again, no suggestion of anything there. ;)

Re:

Dogs individually and as packs of wolves/hunting dogs have been chasing and killing animals for 100s of thousands of years HF. What this is mostly about is disdain for perceived Tory 'Toffs' in red jackets blowing a bugle participating in the sport. It has eccos of landed gentry running amok. Plenty of prols in trackies illegally hare coursing in Herts, ( seen them at dusk when im out riding ) which is equally brutal for the poor hare but suprisingly not much lefty media interest in that. I dont like fox hunting as i said but I detest hypocrisy and media double standards.

Actually, there is masses of objection to the killing of hares, badgers and all sorts.

There is absolutely no need to start talking about objection to animal cruelty in political terms.

Your initial observation would be an excuse for just about all the savage animal cruelty that abounds.

It makes no sense, we have moved on.

I go out culling deer every year, in order to maintain the health of the stock.

There has NEVER existed any justification to remove the fox population by the method you are seemingly justifying.

That argument is very much restricted to those who have never been out doing the job.

Re:

We will respectfully agree to dissagree on all the key points then HF. We live in reactionery times on social media. Its a platform for everybody to get outraged about the tinniest detail and vent spleen. Arguing about everything and anything, mostly for the hell of it is the new norm/sport.

Do you always make a clean kill of the deer ? Head shots miss, as do shots to the heart. Plenty of people would be outraged by your cull methods and requirements. Many hundreds of years ago apex predators like wolves and bears would have chased and ripped the deer to pieces naturally. We live in such a sanitized environment now that most school kids dont even know where supermarket meat comes from.

Re:

There was never a time when wolves and such were followed on by huntsmen baying for blood.

Your suggestion seems to be that the least humane dealing with 'pests' is justified because dealing with 'pests' is justified.

Abhorrent.

Sorry if that is blunt, but you seem to be misguided.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":16w4jx8b said:
There was never a time when wolves and such were followed on by huntsmen baying for blood.

Your suggestion seems to be that the least humane dealing with 'pests' is justified because dealing with 'pests' is justified.

Abhorrent.

Sorry if that is blunt, but you seem to be misguided.

It makes little difference to the quality of end of life of the 'prey/vermin', wether its 'badly shot' or poisoned and dies a slow agonising death in its borrow or is ripped spart in seconds by hounds, wolves etc. A crafty fox can still escape.

What about one of humans oldest forms of getting a good protein meal, persistence-hunting by the Bushmen of the Kalahari https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting, should that be banned too due to its human cruelty, due to that wonderful neo lib lefty word - progressiveness ?

Btw im all in favour of banning lion hunting by the Masaai in Kenya.

You are just virtue signalling HF. Its so fashionable these days dontyaknow ? :)

Back