Not open for further replies.

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Rather than flounce off or fade away, give me reasons to stay - inflate/ deflate my ego

I dont mind the same old questions of what isnt compatible with what, thats not the issue; its just not fun anymore.

Re:

Just take a break, we all lose our mojo now and again. Although I keep a fairly low profile on here, that bears no relation to the part Retrobike plays in my life, far too much in my wife's opinion. But I was visiting less and less until somehow I ended up reading this, http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ynolds+531, it wasn't really an era I knew much about. Now I'm here as much as I ever was and am the proud owner of an '86 Overburys Wildcat, whose renovation I have thoroughly enjoyed, and am constantly scouring Ebay, Gumtree etc for more lugged loveliness*. It's probably a bit difficult for you to find anything new to interest you because you've just about seen it and done it all.....give it time though.

And who started the thread mentioned? Like it or not you're a Retrobike institution, deal with it!

There's only one vote placed so far and it's to stay, was that you?

* I also have no spare cash, so thanks for that :roll: :LOL: . Oh, and my wife would like a word with you.

Re:

You are a Retrobike God, king of the skip monkeys, guru of all gurus, the Dali farmer(Johns), fight the good fight and keep retro alive and kicking ;)

RobMac":10hd9qj0 said:
legrandefromage":10hd9qj0 said:
Rather than flounce off or fade away, give me reasons to stay - inflate/ deflate my ego

If you go I'll ban you :mrgreen:
Maybe that's his ploy all along Rob; LGF is just after that elusive "Banned Member" banner to complete the set! :LOL:

I've been absent for a while and totally lost my interest in Retrobike and cycling in general over the last 6 months / year (still popped in to see what was going on most days, just not felt like contributing much). But slowly getting back to sorting out a few projects and just picked up another bike this morning, and it's not even the right size for me! :facepalm:

I think most bikes/discussions have been covered on the site and the excitement of rediscovering those things that got us in to cycling and had been pushed to the back of our minds are fewer for those that have been on the site for a number of years. I also think the site has lost its way a bit with far too many angry Political threads dominating proceedings (something I suspect most of us come on this site to get away from but can't due to some frankly selfish and self obsessed individuals who can't see what they are doing to the site, or don't care, and aren't man enough to "let things go" for once in their lives).

If we continue to lose stalwarts like your good self LGF then I fear things won't get any better but you've got to do what makes you happy and maybe that is to take a break and come back when the mojo is back to full strength?

Re:

Mmmm, I've had second thoughts, definitely go, go on, piss off and don't look back. What you need is a quick clean break, sell off your bikes cheaply (because you need to do this quickly) and move on to a new life with more space and in a very slightly better financial position.

In fact in the spirit of Retrobike I'm even prepared to help you achieve this by making some derisory, I mean fair offer on a couple of them, because that's the kind of guy I am, no need to thank me.

Re:

Stay away from politics and social consciousness threads for a start, tempting though it is to wade in sometimes.

Dude you are the lifeblood of this site, without you we are nothing, there is no hope for the retro community and indeed life. I will miss seeing you pull away fully crossed over in the big rings, like Cavendish in an Omnium.

So long mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back