Camera Bag?

integerspin

Senior Retro Guru
Having just bought a DSLR I was looking for a rucksack type bag.
So if you take a DSLR with you when your on your bike what sort of bag do you have?

A small camera case hats well padded with a single short zoom fitted. Spare battery. That's it. Goes in my rucksack. Otherwise it's a good quality waterproof point and shoot in a jersey pocket.

Re:

I use a few different bags depending on what I am doing and what kit I need to carry.

General rule is get one larger than you think you will need, with enough compartments for several lenses and flash, filters, spare batteries, mini tripod or whatever you might use.

I use a Berghaus 35l and put a camera pack in it. Low profile. Fits my sandwiches too!

Which DSLR did you get?

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":219u386p said:
I use a few different bags depending on what I am doing and what kit I need to carry.

General rule is get one larger than you think you will need, with enough compartments for several lenses and flash, filters, spare batteries, mini tripod or whatever you might use.

I use a Berghaus 35l and put a camera pack in it. Low profile. Fits my sandwiches too!

Which DSLR did you get?

I guess I will buy the cheapest bag I can get from ebay and see how I get on with it.

I bought a Pentax K-5, looks to be pretty well made and hopefully I will now take better pictures
than I did with a compact camera.

Re:

i started off with one dslr,now i have 5.i had to make a cabinet to store them in the end as my bags were no longer big enough. :facepalm: i guess x=n plus 1 for cameras too.....

What's that more cameras or a bag;-)

N+1... Before I found the camera I wanted to buy, I bought a cheaper camera[Pentax K200D]with lenses. I got a lens and I got to see if I could use a viewfinder, I don't like LCD panels and I don't like wearing glasses; two birds one stone and all that. Diopter adjustment is great. So I have two DSLRs.

Of course there are also the five quid SLRs I bought, well it would have been rude not to.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3i8xzcz1 said:

Which DSLR did you get?

I use the opposite rule and go for the smallest bag I can get away with, the bigger the bag the more crap you will put in it and the more it will weigh and the less inclined you are to take it with you.

That said I have two very different manfrotto backpacks which I really like, one is a dedicated camera bag and in bulletproof (well almost) the other is half camera bag and half normal backpack and is great for hiking etc. I also have a Paul Marius leather satchel which is great if I'm in town an don't want a camera bag that looks like a camera bag.

Back