Tracked By Police By Mobile Phone

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Well, this certainly happened to us today.

We were intercepted on a back road, after a 'phone ahead' by police in the east, after we were apparently observed driving erratically.

No way they could have known which way we went home. Two police stops in two hours.

Apologies once they realised we were carrying a serving officer; but they had no good reasons for stopping us either time.

Driving a big American MPV with blacked out windows is not illegal. Driving slowly up a couple of country roads is not illegal. Even doubling back is not 'suspicious', which we did not actually do.

We were in the vicinity at the invitation of the owner of the estate when we were stopped the first time. I pulled over into a farm yard and they closed me in like they were dealing with Al Qaeda.

I whipped out my phone and showed them my texts to my friend, and told them to ring them if they had any doubts about my right to be on their roads.

They ran my details and checked on my car.

Twenty minutes wasted, and we ended up eating our fish suppers in the dark.

To be stopped again on the way home added insult to injury.

Complaints going in.

They need a better reason to hassle the public, they really do.

Where abouts was that Mr Flier? How did they get your mobile phone number to track it?

I once got stopped in Mississippi for speeding slightly. Once the Sheriff Justice T. Buford clone had established I was English, and I'd slipped into the conversation I was a copper (now retired) his attitude changed. He bade me godspeed and warned me, "you be careful around here boy, this place is full of Jews, n****", and commie lovers.". I was trying desperately to stop Mrs Chopper from exploding while I thanked the sheriff and got moving again.

Re:

We got an apology today. Turns out there have been a string of burglaries in the area we were first stopped, and we were in a large blacked out vehicle. Rather early in the day for going on the rob though. It was the way they behaved that was a little excessive.

The police have my mobile number, have had since I got it. We are in constant communication, but never usually at cross swords. Perhaps a little paranoid, they probably were sat on the main road and already following when I turned off. I usually notice anyone following me, so perhaps it was just the dark and the rain that led me to miss them until the lights came on.

Ho hum, as you were.

I don't know any dodgy handshakes, thank you!

The rural police are well known for being a little excessive. It is something to do with the lack of real crime in the area.

My sister in law has done over twenty years in the Met. She laughed at the way they were all gung-ho and such.

She also went in and spoke to their superiors.

We then got a nice visit, apology and shared a cup of tea.

Nice result.

Back