Pay back for LeMond

Re:

Sure this will put LA in an early grave... :cry:

Just hope they retest and nail every cheating champ cyclist then. Strange they havent given his 7 Tour Titles to the next rider on the podium.

IMO they were ALL at it and always have been using amphetamines etc LA knew that and was just the best doping prepared of the bunch and still the best rider. People forget he did all this with one testicle, having lost the other to C in his youth. On a level playing field with both nuts he would have smoked the rest of them drug free. Still a hero in my eyes despite his brutality to those who crossed him.

Flame suit on :LOL:

Re:

I read a few books about Lance Armstrong and about this period in professional road cycling in general and I think there will be fair few that would like to see Lance get his comeuppance. By all accounts Lance was vicious and would go to great lengths rubbish the reputation anyone that spoke out about doping.

Christophe Bassons - who tried to race clean.

Betsy Andreu - the wife of his teammate Frankie.

Emma O'Reilly - his soigneur.

Re: Re:

M-Power":3jbornby said:

Just hope they retest and nail every cheating champ cyclist then. Strange they havent given his 7 Tour Titles to the next rider on the podium.

IMO they were ALL at it and always have been using amphetamines etc LA knew that and was just the best doping prepared of the bunch and still the best rider. People forget he did all this with one testicle, having lost the other to C in his youth. On a level playing field with both nuts he would have smoked the rest of them drug free. Still a hero in my eyes despite his brutality to those who crossed him.

Talent, no talent, balls, or no balls, whatever I just don't like him, never did never will. I think it might be because he is a gobby Texan prick..............

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":31zvrxie said:
M-Power":31zvrxie said:

Talent, no talent, balls, or no balls, whatever I just don't like him, never did never will. I think it might be because he is a gobby Texan prick..............

I was always a fan since he won the Worlds in 91. He was brought up without a dad, as i was mostly and battled cancer. I gave his book to my dear aunt RIP, who had breast C and it really inspired her at the time. In the cheques and balances of life, im sure hes in credit but i take your point. Lots of blameless people out there ready to throw stones :LOL:

Re:

It was the '93 Worlds that he won. '91 and '92 were both won by Gianni Bugno.
For me, the intimidation and threats stand out above anyone else who may have been racing at the time.
Even during racing itself, he was intimidating towards those that spoke out.
I believed he was clean, after all,with so many tests, how could he not be?
When it emerged as to the extent of the lie, meaning others in his team had to lie as well, that made it so hard to believe the truth.
Even now, when I watch racing, I hope to hell the winners are clean. That in itself, has been a problem for me and many others. But most of all for the riders who win clean, as there will always be that element of is he clean or not? If LA can do all of that without testing positive, then who is doing it these days?
Seeing people come back from doping bans, has also made me feel disappointed by the inaction of the UCI, a ban should be for life, not two years!It sickens me to the core to see ex cheats coming back to win races Was Verbruggen charged with doping fraud as well?
While I admit he has inspired people with cancer, which can only be a good thing, I wonder how many have the money that he had, thrown at them.
Is the foundation safe from tho prosecution?

Thanks Lance, it hasn't been a pleasure!

Mike

I would hope that cycling has learnt from this? And it won't go the way of WWF a joke.
But after reading up on the history of cycling. It does have a long history of drug taking either legal or illegal. And plenty of suspects not proven. The next big name could kill it off. Wiggins mystery parcel? mtb racing seems to be clean?

Back