Probably only of interest to those with modern bikes...

Andy B

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just got my bike back from having a new '09 SLX chainset fitted :cool:

Click the pic to enlarge.

Just need to give it a good test :D

How, in the name of all that's holy, did you get that? Our supplier says that SLX isn't available until Sept/Oct! :shock:

Nice though, in a non-retro way of course. ;)

I thinks its an amalgamation of the Hone and LX range - Kind of hardcore XC come all mountain range.

Could be wrong though.

Looks funky as seems to be well recieved.

M

letmetalktomark":3g2bcrwj said:
I thinks its an amalgamation of the Hone and LX range - Kind of hardcore XC come all mountain range.

Could be wrong though.

Looks funky as seems to be well recieved.

M
You're right, LX has been turned into a 'touring' groupset as it was very close to XT in spec, Hone is IIRC discontinued for '09 & SLX is Shimano's 1st All Mountain groupset, a combo of Hone & XT.
Xesh":3g2bcrwj said:
How, in the name of all that's holy, did you get that? Our supplier says that SLX isn't available until Sept/Oct! :shock:

Nice though, in a non-retro way of course. ;)
I work in a bike shop & got mine via our Massi rep, quite a few online shops claim to have them in stock too (or so their website's say!)

Andy B":21mp8sqd said:
I work in a bike shop & got mine via our Massi rep, quite a few online shops claim to have them in stock too (or so their website's say!)

Ahhhh! It's a grey import. That explains it. The shop that I work at only deals with Madison for Shimano parts.

Xesh":2qn1j5fi said:

What they mean is 'we' can't get them until Sept/Oct :)

Quite like that, whats the rest of the group like?

Back