Drugs in cycling again

It is sad indeed that our heroes keep stuffing up. I was aware of the doping issue at the time I became fascinated with the TDF, at nine or ten years old. Amazing to think, forty years later, things haven't really changed. I am surprised they are unable to 'cheat' the system legitimately with synthetic options that don't flout the regulations, given how clever everyone is nowadays.

Re:

Awe c'mon you guys, the money is far too alluring, and the performance enhancement drugs of today are so smooth and effective (and human beings so weak/fallible) ... it would almost be shocking if perf. enhancement additives weren't being used by a large percentage of dedicated athletes.

Don't ya think, for after all ... we are in a post-truth and morally relative world (almost anything goes, and the list of behavior that do 'go' ... keeps on expanding at blinding speed).

:facepalm:

Re:

What he said.
But they do keep samples given by athletes for years, so as testing techniques get better if they are cheating they will eventually be found out.

Both those articles prove nothing and I'd be the first to condemn them for cheating but until it comes out in the wash its just another story desperate to chop down tree's. No it's best to get concrete evidence then crucify them if they're guilty.

Re:

I have not been to the links, but if it's regarding Team Sky , weren't they declared to the UCI?

And if it involves Russians hacking, surely they should be under investigation too? Oh sorry, I forgot, Russia gets away with things. Just ask Mrs Litvinenko.

Enter the McLaren report. Actions/consequences happening as a result of that. What a breath of fresh air !

What bothers me most, is people saying ' let them dope, it's all part of the spectacle '.

No, it isn't, it would be competiton between doctors, not athletes. I don't want to see someone do the 100m in 4 seconds. Then die at 28.
It would also give the wrong message to youngsters. Work and train really hard, and you can be the best. If not, there is another way to be the best.

Rant over

Mike

Re:

1. Wiggins states in his book he never had injections except normal vaccinations or whatever, then later we find out he DID have injections.
2. Those injections just happen to occur immediately BEFORE significant races. Races in which he performed well.
3. No mention of TUEs in his biography.
4. Package specially delivered from Manchester to France, across international boarder, yet the guy carrying it expects us to believe he didn't know the contents and didn't care to ask.
5. Brailsford et al evasive at hearing.
6. Sky's legendary transparency about biodata etc shown by fancy bears hack to be anything but transparent.

Innocent? Oh give me a break. They are guilty of cheating and they all know it. Yeah TUEs are within the rules blah blah but their clandestine activities show they didn't want this grubby story to break and that in itself demonstrates they know full well their activities are unethical. IMO Wiggins is a cheat. No wonder he's retired hoping it'll all go away.

Speculation is all you have where's the proof ? circumstantial evidence is there but its not enough to hang someone with is it. With circumstantial evidence you could accuse the whole cycling profession of cheating, people lie and I bet there is more than one biography out there with a few lie's in it... Oh yea Lance Armstrong I bet his was all truth DOH! :facepalm: . IF Wiggo and Sky et al are fraudsters and are caught they deserve all that they get. :twisted:

F@cK it lets just presume everyone is a witch and burn them at the stake like days of old :mrgreen:

Re:

Given the chance of adulteration, it would make sense to send any necessary supplements directly across borders.

It is no surprise an athlete with legitimate treatment related to their activities might need that treatment prior to their activities.

Like someone mentioned, purely circumstantial.

I agree it seems they are all 'at it', but hold fire until something genuinely damning has arisen.

Back