Oh good grief...

Re:

I also drive a car and pay road tax, they want me to pay twice for the few miles I cycle a year? :facepalm:

Re: Re:

Adruzzz":2h52q85y said:
I also drive a car and pay road tax, they want me to pay twice for the few miles I cycle a year? :facepalm:

You don't pay road tax though.
You pay duty on the vehicle (and zero emissions vehicles wouldn't anyway so neither would a pedal cycle)
Also cycles have a right to be on the road, cars do not, they need to be licenced.
That's a fair few rights they would need to change, might as well get horses and walkers too.
Luckily wheelschairs are exempt either way.

They should crack down on e-bikes 'electric motorbikes' though.

Excellent news, and if we play this one correctly then they'll never bother us about it ever again.

Main road moving people to work in the mornings are 30mph.
Bicycles do not travel at 30mph, but would be recognised under law as being legitimate road user. This for me means i need a lane, a whole lane and not tucked into the inside. Sorry, but safety is paramount and theres drains and the like, that could unseat a rider, so whole lane it is :D
To work every single day and back.. at 8mph.
Most roads are 2 lanes, and with junctions and turning, I guess the traffic is going to snarl up behind me.
Not my fault my vehicle doesnt go faster but there you go.

Think of it as a work to rule situation.

Responsibility is required from both sides of course but many still forget that they're in charge of two tonnes of plastic and metal traveling at speed - something this 'petition' seems to have forgotten.

Re:

I drive a car, ride a motorbike, ride a bike, ride a horse, walk... Lord these taxes are going to cost me a fortune!

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed that these kinds of rants are always started by people who commute in cities.

I think Owen needs a big hug and a nice warm mug of cocoa.

Re:

I thought about starting a petition to allow TT bikes to use motorways on Sundays between 10am and 4pm. If you think this is inappropriate please do let me know........what hours would you choose???

Back