Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:54 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:51 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12267
Location: Penarth
:? :? Ooer....I'm confused.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:00 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:22 pm
Posts: 5946
Location: busy forgetting how to edge flip on a 11x11 monster cube///...
put simply you have used nearly 64 % of your c drive leaving only 36% left.if you factor in that your pc needs 6 gig of space for windows and a certain amount of hd for running normally you dont have much left.vist uses 16 gig of hd to install and run ,xp uses half that.once you het to the point where ya hd is hlaf full then you need a larger hd.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Liverpool
Harryburgundy wrote:
:? :? Ooer....I'm confused.


screen print the following screen and post highlight both drives right click and properties and post so can see what each drive actually shows blue is used space pink is free space


Attachments:
test.JPG
test.JPG [ 101.1 KiB | Viewed 791 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:01 pm 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12267
Location: Penarth
Now I'm going to sound really thick...how do I screen print...this is getting embarrassing :oops: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm
Posts: 2192
Location: Liverpool
alt + prt scrn will capture the active window ctrl + prt scrn will capture the whole desktop then paste it into a ms paint window and save ctrl + v


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:07 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:30 pm
Posts: 730
Location: Balham, London
have you tired an automatic disc cleanup?

You can right click on the C: drive and select properties, then select disc clean up. This will compress old files and remove temp files from the c: drive.

If you are still stuck you can search the largest folders to see what is taking up space with this little utility

SHOWMAN

download it and extract it to the C: drive and then run it. It is a standalone program so won't install anything on your PC and it will give you a graphical view of the largest folders on the C:, you can click on the folders to then see the subfolders etc, until you find the large files.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BerthaPog, FairfaxPat, The History Man, videojetman and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group